Chapter 13

" Liam, are you going to order any dessert for Maya?" Harry asked wiping his lips with the tissue. " You said she likes dessert from this shop, didn't you?"

" Even if I buy it I don't know if she'll eat it." Liam said nonchalantly.

" It doesn't matter if she does or doesn't. The good feeling is knowing you bought it for her. So, she'll know you're always thinking of her." Harry argued.

" You're sharp tongue today." Liam said resting his chin on his hand.

" So, are you going to order it? I'll order it for you." Harry turned to call the waiter but Liam interrupted.

" Haz, no need. It's alright. When she wants to eat it, I'll come back to buy it."

" If you aren't the Director I'd call you dumb." Harry said seriously.

" Haz, saying it to my face is insulting me."

" Because you're like this that Maya thinks you're interested in others more than her. Why don't you give her attention? " Harry tried to knock some sense into Liam's dumb head.

" Even if I do, she doesn't notice. I tie her shoes and she doesn't even look at me. So, what's the use of a dessert?"

" The first day you saw Maya, you told me she was the star of the University and you're just a geek." Harry recalled.

" Hey, it's enough insulting me."

" That's it. Think about what you've done for Maya to love you. So, why can't you do today?"

" I want Maya to hear you speak so she'll know that while she thinks you're trying to steal me, you're actually trying to save our love." Liam said and chuckled because he didn't know what to do with the irony of the situation.

" It's not the same Liam. Maya grew up complete with people dotting on her and love all the time. Unlike me, I grew up broken so I know how important love is." Harry said.

" Haz believe me. One day, someone will fulfill and complete that love for you." Liam said seriously because he knows that Harry deserves all the love. Harry just smiles at him and drank sips his milk. He do really appreciate Liam's words.

After they had finished their discussion, Harry walked towards his car and opened the driver door and got in but someone entered from the passenger side. Harry turned to see that it was none other than Zayn, the devil in disguise.
" Dude, what are you doing here?" Harry asked looking confused at Zayn.

Zayn didn't even glance at him and spoke " I'm not just the fiance of the woman you murdered. But I'm also a brother to the woman whose husband you're trying to steal." Then he turned and looked at Harry with hateful eyes " Do you get why I'm here?"

" I get why you're around here. But what I don't get is why you're in my car."

" I just want to tell you that I won't let you destroy someone else's life again." Zayn spat back at him.

Harry rolled his eyes and fastened his seat belts but Zayn stopped him by holding the car door next to Harry's head and caging him and getting close to Harry's face.
" Right now, the police has that parking lot employee." Zayn spoke with a smirk.

" What?" Harry looked at him and now their faces are only few inches away.

" If that employee saw who drove the car the night of the incident, between Stefan or you and if he says it's you..." Zayn said and brought the seat belt to Harry's next as if to choke him and continued " then open the door for me to come arrest you Harry Styles." and he opened the car door and got out.

Harry just stared at Zayn's figure dumbfounded.

.....................

Zayn was standing near the pond speaking with Yolanda in her house and consoling her when a phone call interrupted them. He checked the caller ID to see it was Louis. He picked up the call.
"Well Louis!" he said

" I interrogated the witness and he said during the time Harry Styles' car drove out he wasn't there. He was checking other points. And right now, the police have released the parking lot employee. What are you going to do next? " Louis said.

" I'll go see the parking lot employee myself. I believe he saw but someone is manipulating him. " Zayn said and ended the call with a rage and walked away.

......................

" No one is silencing me. What I saw is what I told the police. " the employee said as Zayn was asking questions and following him.

" Hey.. don't go yet. Can you answer me first?" Zayn said to the employee.

" Hey.." he tried again.

" Please leave." the employee said and tried to get in his car.

" Hey.....wait, wait. Can you please answer two or three questions?" Zayn asked desperately.

" I have nothing to tell you." the man answered "please back away" he said and pushed Zayn aside and got into his car.

............................

" That lawyer won't stop. He's at the parking lot at the employee's house." Desmond's assistant informed him.

" You know what I do to annoying flies right?" Desmond said.

..................

Zayn was driving on the road when two men in a bike kept following him. He could see them through his rear view. Then, suddenly the man on the back hit his window glass and he pulled the brake and got out of the other side of the car. The men looked for him in the car and he went behind them and threw a punch at them.
While he was busy fighting one of them, the other man came with the bat and hit him in his face. Zayn fell down and they hit him some more at his stomach and warned him " If you won't stop investigating, next time you'll die! " they said and went away.

Thank you so much for voting on the previous chapters 💛💚

Stay safe everyone 🙏