Chapter 6

I can't believe my Trey's here! He's been guarding me all this time. A little of me's annoyed he didn't tell me sooner, or speak to me. But in this moment I don't care. Trey and I sat on the bathroom floor, his hand in mine, our knees touching with our legs crossed. 

"Why didn't you contact me? I waited for you". The shower still on to hide our conversation 

"I didn't think you wanted me to. I was 17... stupid" Trey leans closer to me, reaching for my cheek. I didn't realise how much I'd missed him, but his tender touch on my cheek made me remember. "But I can't have you" he whispers as his lips touch my cheekbone, I hate that he's right.

I turn to lean into him, my back against his chest, his legs either side of mine "How long do we have?" I pull his arms around me, I was always the instigator with him. He had been terrified to touch me when we first trained together, and then we showed a romantic interest. Instead he would take me on long walks, we would climb trees together. He was still hesitant to touch me while we were nestled within the thick branches of the oak tree. So... I bit him, telling him that I'd marked him so he could do anything. It was after that he kissed me, my first kiss. The world stopped in that moment and I thought Trey would be my mate, but after 5 months, he left.

It was foolish teen love, but as he held me in his arms again on that bathroom floor, I felt safe and warm. He held me tighter "I think he wants to take you as soon as your wounds have healed" he whispers, then plants a kiss on my earlobe. 

"I don't want to" I whisper back my body trembles. I let the tears flow, I don't want to pretend to love someone, I want Trey, I lost him once why do I need to lose him again?

Trey was the boy I could be myself around. I wasn't a princess to him, I was just Dely, his Dely. Trey lifts me onto his lap and holds me as I weep. "I'm sorry" he kept saying over and over burying his head into the crook of my neck.

After some time past, I calm enough to pull away from him, his cheeks looked as tear stained as mine felt. "Please help Christopher, help him escape" I look deep into his eyes. Pleading. Begging. I see the pain in his eyes. I know I'm asking more than I should, but I don't care. Christopher doesn't deserve to be caught up in the dark side of politics; not yet. Trey doesn't respond he leans over and kisses the tip of my nose a small hum escapes me. His care and tenderness makes me want him more.

"I really need to take a shower" Trey shifts me off his lap and stands,

"Could join you" I wink, he chuckles but shakes his head

"Wouldn't be able to control myself, and... you need to be a virgin for..." his voice cracks, I turn from him, I don't want him to say it. I don't want to think about it. I don't want him to think about it.

We stay up talking that night. We talk as if I'm not a prisoner and we're home, under the protection of my father. We tell each other what's happened the last 5 years, we talk of the future we had hoped for, what our dreams had been.

I'm settled between Trey's legs, my head on his chest listening to his slow breathing. He fell asleep ten minutes before. I feel myself following suit, my eyes heavy. A knock at the door makes me start and leap to the floor. Trey's eyes snap open and in lightening speed, he's at the door unlocking it. A tray is placed in his arms "Alpha's ordered 3 meals a day." Trey nods, thanks the man I can't see, and closes the door again.

"Breakfast" he puts the tray on the bed as I sit back down pulling the bowl of cereal towards me. Trey grabs the other bowl and takes a seat beside me, his legs against mine. His warmth is comforting, as the cereal fills the hunger that had began to gripe.

After an hour we're back on the bed together, "Dely" he whispers almost inaudibly as he brushes a piece of my hair behind my ear as we lay next to each other on the small bed "Yes" I run my finger over his stubble

"You're necks almost healed" he sounded regretful, like he didn't want it to be true

"I won't use the cream again, gives us one more day" I mouth back to him, I don't want this to end, the warmth of his embrace, the care behind his hazel eyes "He'll know. He always knows".

"Please" I beg "One more day", tears prick at my eyes. He sighs and rolls off the bed grabbing the jar of cream from the floor "I'm sorry" he whispers as he hands it to me "You know what happens if you disobey him" he said louder... that's something he would say. I nod sadly as I apply the cream that brings me closer to my fate.

"I'll mind link him in the morning, get some sleep" he comes back up to me again placing his lips next to my ear and breaths almost inaudible "There's no extra guards during the night on this floor, we can talk then" I nod saddened that he can't prolong our time together.

Before I knew it the sun had risen. I look down, a fear creeping over me. Trey had managed to keep my mind preoccupied, but... there was no escaping the inevitable. Trey looks over my wrists and neck, apologises before his eyes glaze as he links Samual, I take a quick shower so Samual has no excuse to hurt Christopher.

I sit on the edge of the bed, looking at my bare feet. After a few hours I hear the noise I've been dreading, a key in the lock. Samual enters and I stand, I hear Trey stand too. "Good, seems like you know your place now" I hear his footsteps before I see his feet.

"I want you to change, and do your hair. Remember what happens if you disobey" I don't look at him and a dress is thrown on the bed, I see it out the corner of my eye. The dress looked like a simple white satin knee length, something I would wear on official visits.

He pulls my face to look up to him "I'll get someone to bring make-up you look disgusting, but I'm glad you smell better" he drops my chin "I'll be back in an hour. Make sure she's ready" he was obviously addressing Trey. Samual left us alone again.

Nearly an hour later I was sat back on the bed, Trey stood in front of me. "He'll be here soon, please don't cry" tears swam in my eyes but I tried to pull them back. He kissed my forehead which made the tears spill. He kisses my tears, he moves down my jaw laying gently kisses along it. He stops a millimetre from my lips "I shouldn't" his breath hot against my skin, I don't care. I move my lips to his. I want one moment of happiness before I live a life of servitude.

He deepens the kiss, his lips soft and tender against mine. He runs his hand down my waist as he gently pushes me down to lie on the bed. My skin tingles as he reaches the hem of my dress. Pushing his fingers under it to caress my thigh. A small moan escapes my lips against his. He pulls away suddenly looking flustered. "Can't, he'll kill me" his breath coming out laboured. I push myself back up to sitting. I know we can't, doesn't mean I don't want to.

Ten minutes later, Samual came to get me. He storms over to me and grabs the back of my neck before we leave the room, I gasp "Behave like he's your long lost mate, you're here on official business and you fall for my son. Play the part and I might release your brother, don't..." Samual spits, he didn't need to finish the sentence. He released me. I draw myself up to full height and hold my head high. Samual wraps my hand around the crook of his arm. 

I fleetingly look back to Trey, he looks broken. I flash him an apologetic look before putting on my royal façade.