Chapter 22

Adelaide

Three months later

I'm balancing on the monkey bars stepping between them. I'm getting stronger every day and finally sparring is fun again, I even beat Marc the other day. "Hey you" a male voice makes me slip and fall painfully to the ground. I groan as I stand, looking to who spoke "Trey?" I take a step towards him. Malcom and Gary are standing to one side, they must have been expecting him or he'd have his face in the dirt.

"Hey Dely" I run the few steps to him and wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist

"Trey! I thought father killed you" I hear a cough behind us and look over to Malcom and Gary who had gone red. I sigh and put my legs down.

"Nah, out of luck there princess" he spins me round making a giggle escape my lips.

"I missed you" I plant a kiss on his cheek. Trey puts me down smiling a broad smile. He looks well, much better than before.

I look up to his kind hazel eyes, and I know what I want. Our lips meet, I hum against his lips unable to help my smile. His hands tangle in my hair pulling me further into him. I hear more coughs behind me, one hand finds Trey's neck, the other sticks a middle finger up behind me, flipping my guards off. Trey takes advantage of my lack of concentration and slips his tongue into my mouth causing a small moan to escape. He tastes so sweet. I want him.

He slips his hands to my hips and pulls me into him, I gasp when I feel his arousal against my stomach. A heat creeps over my cheeks at the feel of his bulge, but it makes me want him there and then. I deepen the kiss further, exploring his sweet mouth with my own tongue. He breaks the kiss causing a gasp at the lack of his lips on mine. The gasp turns into sigh of pleasure as he trails kissed down my jaw. My fingers curl into his neat hair, as he continues pressing his gentle lips down my neck. His warm breath tickles the dip above my collar bone. Then sharpness of his canines scrape against the sensitive flesh, he's paused, waiting for permission.

The word forms on my tongue, the yes just there. I breathe in through my nose in anticipation when an overwhelming smell hits me in a wave "What's that smell?" I break from Trey without realising it and sniff him, but it's not him. I sniff up to the air, it's a new smell. Trey's disappointment evident on his face, he drops his hands from my hips, but I barely notice. That smell is intoxicating.

"I can't smell anything" Trey pouts as he sniffs the air too, "It's only me and Wade"

"Wade?" I sneer

"Yes, he's the Alpha now and your father invited us" his voice full of irritation, I take a step away from Trey and fold my arms petulantly "Why?" I snap, my tone close to a brat

"He's signing a treaty" he snaps, I frown at him, but then decide I don't care. Wade can do whatever he wants as long as he stays 100 metres from me. Better yet, 1,000 metres.

That smell hit my nose again, what is that? Leather, books, cedar. But where's it coming from? There's no cedar in these trees. I see a man walking towards us. Dark brown hair, incredibly broad. I could see his arms straining to rip his shirt...

I growl, my canines extend in warning. Malcom and Gary notice and jump to action. The man is soon 20 ft from me when my guards stop him. They're both taller than him. But everyone's shorter than my guards, that's why they're there. My teeth snap towards him as he exposes his neck in submission. My wolf has other ideas but I'm very much ignoring her.

"Fuck off Wade" I growl threateningly, Trey places his hand on my shoulder I turn to him and snap. I'm shaking in fury and know I won't be able to stay human for long. We don't stay human with this level of rage running through our blood. "Trey, go, I don't want to hurt you" I growl. My growl turns more animistic as I feel the transformation start. "GO!" I manage to get out before my raven wolf bursts from my body.

My mind has control; my wolf doesn't want this. She's not angry at Wade, I am. I snarl as I inch towards him, my steps faltering as my wolf desperately tried to be in control of her body. I don't let her. Now my guards are protecting him, Gary tries pushing him to go but Wade's standing firm. Does he have a death wish?

"Princess, I came to apologise what happened to you. You should never have been treated that way. If I had known sooner I'd have stopped it all. I had no right to touch you, I had no right to have you in my bed. I know you only agreed to anything because you were keeping your brother safe. Please Princess Adelaide." a quiver entered his voice as I close the gap so there's only five feet between us. Malcom transformed and stands in my way. Gary wrapped his arms around Wade's chest and was attempting to drag him away.

My teeth bared menacingly as saliva drips from my sharp teeth. 'No, stop, please, mine, he's mine' I ignored her pleading. I shoved Malcom's grey form away, he's no match for me as a wolf.

"Princess, stop" Malcom's voice pops in my head

"No" I spit back. I'm two feet from him now. I can almost...

That smell.

My big black nose sniffs the air. I keep sniffing. It's him!

I leap at him pushing him to the ground, my mouth open ready to tear his throat out. And in that moment I lose control. My wolf pushes herself in front and I sniff, pushing my nose to his neck, then his chest. I sniff over him like I'm a blood hound trying to catch a scent. But I've caught it. The scent is him.

I'm so engrossed in sniffing Wade I don't realise feet running until they're at us. I'm trying to regain control as my wolf pushes our nose between the buttons on his shirt. "Get off him".

My head snaps to the side, my father standing next to us with a mixture of amusement and disgust on his face. My wolf relinquishes her control and I move from Wade's body, I have no choice, Alpha has spoken.

"Thought you were ripping out his throat" he says down to me

"I was going to" I tell him. He shakes his head. Wade's been unbuttoning his shirt and hands it out to me. At first I'm confused, but then I get the message. All the men avert their eyes as I transform back. I take the shirt from Wade and button it up. It's miles too big for me and falls to my knees. Well, works for me in this situation.

"I don't forgive you" I mutter down to the grass "That was my wolf that..." I'm embarrassed I've made a fool of myself. "I know" I look back up, he's smiling at me, that stupid goofy smile "You wanted to rip my head off, your wolf wanted to rip-"

"Ehem" my father cleared his throat glaring at Wade. I stifle a giggle at the look on Wade's face; now he looks terrified. My father shifts his attention to me "Adelaide, ladies do not smirk" his deep and powerful voice chiding, I look at my feet again, "Sorry" he hums,

"I think you two need to talk. Adelaide, go get dressed, Wade will be waiting for you in the formal sitting room. I suggest you bring his shirt back down." I look up to argue but the look father gives me, I turn and skulk back to the palace.

Stupid fucking Wade, ruins everything. Why does he smell good? Stupid nose. I continue to grumble on the way up to my bedroom.

Please vote, comment and share!

Any thoughts on what's going to happen next?