Chapter 9

Adelaide

I couldn't look at the room, I just sit on the floor my back against the wall. I couldn't hold the tears in any more, my brother was probably being beaten to a pulp as I sat here. Why did he ask so many questions about my family and where I've been? He was acting like I hadn't spent four months in his dungeon. And my bags? What bags!

It was like he was trying to trip me up so he could hurt my brother. I was right he's just as twisted as his father. I sit for half an hour or so, crying like a child when a knock sounds on the door. I hurriedly wipe my face "Just a minute!" I try to keep my voice level.

"It's me" I hear Trey's whisper so I open the door; it is him. Thank goddess for that "I've brought your bags." He enters and shuts the door quickly behind him, he's carrying two suitcases. Where did he get them from? Oh I don't care. I fling myself into him just happy to see a friendly face.

"Alpha sorted you some clothes"

"Christopher!" I grab at Trey's shirt, he looks at me confused "I messed up, I messed it all up, oh he's dead isn't he" I weep into his chest

"Dely, what are you talking about? Your brother's fine. Wade thought he'd messed up. He didn't tell Alpha though" I pull away from his chest and blink up to him. "Yeah, I just spoke to Wade, he thinks he's greatly offended you" I blink again, confused.

"But... he knows though? He knows I have to behave? Knows I have to be with him?" none of this made sense.

"Dely, Oh Dely." he rubs the base of my neck with his thumb and forefinger sending tingles down my spine "Samual's going to beat me senseless if he finds out I told you." he kisses the top of my head "Wade wants love. He's a soppy git at heart, he wouldn't have agreed to this." Trey cups my face, looking down to me, his eyes kind and full of sorrow. "But he will tell Samual if you reject him... or don't appear to like him..." I blink up to him, surprised.

"Oh..." is all I manage to say. That actually makes a little more sense. "Oh" I say again, Trey just shakes his head a small laugh coming from his chest. "I better go Del, if anyone saw me come in they'll be wondering why I'm taking so long". I nod

"Will you come see me as much as you can?" he hugs me and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Course, as much as I can." He opens the door "Thank you princess you're very kind, dinner will be at 7, someone will knock for you" he bows as he leaves, playing a very convincing part.

I open the two bags, I hang up the dresses, two look more evening wear. They aren't as nice as the dresses I have at home. They would just about pass as something I would wear. A blue halter full length dress and black figure hugging knee length dress. The other three were similar to what I have on, simple satin dresses. At the bottom of that suitcase were shoes; pair of trainers, flats, small heal and a taller heal.

The other suitcase had more normal attire, jeans, tailored trousers and blouses. Underwear rested at the bottom of this case, I blushed holding up a lace bra hoping Samual hadn't packed this. I got ready and waited for someone to knock at my door.

At seven I was lead down by a woman who didn't speak to me, she seemed too nervous. Unfortunately I'm used to that, many people don't speak to me, their either intimidated or scared. She took me to a room Wade hadn't shown me on the tour, she opened it. Inside was a banquet hall. Floor to ceiling windows let in a generous amount of light and paintings of horses, trees and wolves hung on some of the walls. Wade was already sat at the head table. There were smaller tables around, I guessed this was not just a family meal, this was a pack meal. I inwardly groaned thinking how much acting I would need to do to satisfy Samual.

I walk over to Wade and purposefully sit on the outside of him so I'm further away from where I know Samual will sit. "You did pack a dress" he smiled "You look stunning"

"Y-Yeah, I forgot I packed this, thanks" I give him a small smile back. Knowing he's not in on his father's plan made me feel almost sorry for him. I had to pretend to be his when I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to be with him.

Gradually the hall fills with people. I stand when Samual arrives "Alpha Blackwood, I'm honoured that you would throw such a lavish meal while I'm visiting" I force myself to kiss his cheek

"It is my family who have the honour" he kisses my hand before going to sit in the middle of the table. I subtly wipe my hand from the feeling of his touch.  

Like, Comment and Vote please :)