Chapter 21

Adelaide

The footsteps stop outside the door and I hear the lock. I'm ready. My hearts pounding in my head, my claws out... they're all going to die.

The door swings open and who I see renders me in shock. My heart stops, "Daddy?" My fight disappears, my head cocking to the side and my hands fall to my side, claws retracting. "Yes Darling" his deep fatherly voice washes me in safety. I blink, No it's not, I'm imagining things. I rub my eyes. "Darling, my darling girl, it's me" His golden eyes holding so much emotion.

"Daddy!" I scream and run to him. I leap into his outstretched, arms he holds me up around my waist "My darling I've been trying to find you" he's crying, now I'm crying.

"It was Samual, he captured me and... Christopher!" I sob

"He's fine. He's fine, Jesse's got him" he speaks soothingly, his deep voice comforting.

"He's alive?"

"Yes Darling, Wade called me, he didn't realise you were here against your will. I'm so sorry, I'm taking you home" he lifts under my legs so I'm cradled in his arms and carries me away.

I feel my father's strong arms around me as he's carrying me away from this place. I snuggle into his chest knowing I'm safe and no-one can hurt me any more. He'll keep me safe, he's always kept me safe and from the smell he's ripped the throats of those that hurt me. He's done it before and he'll do it again to protect his family and his pack. I bury my head into his chest as he carries me down the stairs.

I can smell blood, I can smell death but I don't care. I'm safe.

He gently places me into one of our black SUVs "Ela?" I look behind me and I'm overcome with tears "Chris" I reach back and drag him to me "I'm so sorry" he was tiny in my arms, he was skin and bone. "Hi Dely" A voice I recognise, I look up to the blonde haired, chocolate eyed man I've known all my life. "Jesse!" I climb into the back of the car and hug my two favourite boys

"I thought you were dead" Jesse hugs me tighter than he ever has before

"So did I" I've pulled Christopher onto my lap and I'm crying into his dirty hair, Jesse encircles both of us.

The four cars glide from my jail. I feel so safe wrapped in Jesse's arms, knowing they can't hurt me again, I'm safe.

On the journey back Christopher falls asleep on Jesse's lap. Jesse's playing with my hair, the way he did when I had a fight with mum, or when I hurt myself falling out of a tree. The feel of his fingers dancing over my back, his slow steady heartbeat sends me to sleep curled up to his chest.

I wake up in my bedroom. My bedroom. It felt so strange. It was comforting but almost alien, I hadn't been here in almost five months. It's a bedroom fit for a princess, although... I don't much feel like one anymore. But at least I know where everything is, nothing has been moved. I notice I'm still in Wade's t-shirt. I strip off all their clothes, putting them in the bin and go to my own shower. My shower.

I stay under the pummelling water for an hour, I turn it up the hottest setting my skin could bare and washing away their stench. I use all my familiar products and smell like me again, then I wash again to be sure. I pull on yoga pants, sports bra and a loose workout top. I'm hoping I don't have to entertain today. I'm itching to train, itching to fight again.

Just before I'm about to leave my room there's a knock "Come in" I call, my mother opens the door. Her waist length blonde hair, and hazel eyes brimming with tears. I hug her tightly around the waist "Mother"