Chapter 24

Double update! Enjoy :)

Adelaide

I wonder why I couldn't smell him before, now I'm in the same room as him it's intoxicating. It's making me want to be near him, I want to touch him. I survey him from the safety of my sofa, he keeps making me almost laugh. Almost.

He seems older, taking on Alpha status has changed him, he's more confident. He isn't stammering and cracking childish jokes. 'Face it, he's more attractive now than ever' her stupid voice pops into my head. I'm mad at her 'Shut up, I've not forgiven you, you embarrassed me!'

'Ha! You wanted to find out the source of that delicious smell, matches his delectable body, don't you agree?' I grumble at her not wanting to agree.

However there's something she said. His scent, I never smelt him before at his home, sure there was a scent, everyone has a scent when you're near them. But now Wade's permeated the room, soaked into everything, soaked into my pores. His scent had become my oxygen. But why now? "Wade?"

"Yes Adelaide?" he sits forward slightly

"Why couldn't I smell you before?" I say bluntly, there's no point beating around the bush. It's weird and it's bugging me. He straightens looking taken aback

"I couldn't tell you, I always believe scent was the first thing, it was for me" I furrow my brow, it bugs me, but his next question puts that to the back of my mind.

"Adelaide, would you spar with me?" a grin spreads over my lips, I've wanted to punch that face since that bastard of his father told me what was expected of me. "Are you sure?" I ask, I litrally tried to kill him half an hour ago... Or maybe he does have a death wish. He nods standing "Please" he offers me his arm, and when I take it that crackle of electricity buzzes through me.

Wade and I stand five feet from each other, we've removed our shoes to prevent too much bruising. Father's stood with his arms folded leaning against one of the obstacle course supports. Trey stands to one side, his expression blank. I look over to him but he doesn't catch my eye and I can't read him. I'm guessing he's a little pissed off though. I feel bad. Wade may look like a god, but Trey was perfection for me. But can I fight the bond, the pull I'm feeling the dickhead in front of me?

"Ready?" Wade brings my attention back to him, he's removed his shirt, no doubt to distract me. If my father wasn't stood next to me two could have played at that game. "Don't go easy on me Alpha" I sneer during the last word "Wouldn't dream of it" he's moved his legs shoulder width apart, one foot in front of the other, I match his stance and nod to begin.

He jabs towards me, it's sluggish and I easily block with my forearm a small tingle through my clothes at the contact. I pick my foot up and strike aiming the ball of my foot to his perfectly chiselled abdomen, he catches my foot. The skin to skin contact sends instant heat to rise up my leg, crackling as it goes. I gasp at the feeling "You feel it don't you" Wade grunts as he pushes my foot away "I don't know what your talking about!" I say through gritted teeth as I use the momentum to bring my left leg around striking his shoulder with my heel. Another shoot of electricity sending my legs wobbly.

I stumble giving him an advantage, he strikes his palm into my solar plexus. I grunt, my legs give way and I land on my arse. I jump up as he's approaching, I dodge his punches getting close to his body. His smell is making it hard to concentrate, a fog seems to be going over me. I want to reach up and nuzzle his neck, drink his scent. I shake my head and land a punch to his side he grunts, seemingly unable to retaliate. I hold my breath and deliver an uppercut aiming for under his ribs. Another grunt. I can't hold my breath anymore, I pant in oxygen, but all I breathe in his him.

Wade's lost his fighting stance, I peer up, he's looking down to me, his green eyes soft. He looks drunk with happiness as he pulls me into him. I can't fight him, my fights gone, my body feels drawn to him. "Do you feel that?" he puts a hand to my cheek, the electricity filling me, giving me energy. I try to say no but it's like my brain will no longer deny the feeling.

My hatred for him is leaving, I'm struggling against it, I want to hate him. As soon as I acknowledge my want, it's gone. I want him. His hand still gently caressing my cheek "I... I don't want..." I breathe out, I no longer believe those words. Wade stares down towards me, his face deadly serious. "If you tell me you don't feel what I feel, I'll leave and never look back to you, it'll hurt like silver, but I'll do it for you." His tone holding all his authority and power. Panic floods my body, no, he can't leave. I place my hands on his chest, and suddenly I'm engulfed in tingles. They're vibrating my whole being. I feel my legs weaken but before I can hit the floor Wade's wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, holding me up.

"Why? Why can't I fight this?" I gasp out,

"Because you're the most beautiful woman in the world, and you're mine" his pupils have dilated so his green eyes are replaced with black. Our breathing's ragged against each others bodies. My wolf's silent, she's retreated when I need her to tell me what to do. I need her to tell me to fight or accept. I need her strength.

Please vote, comment and share :)