50 | A Little Pink Box

It was a summer morning, it has been a few weeks since you graduated middle school

It was a summer morning, it has been a few weeks since you graduated middle school. Since all your friends are away, you focused your time on volleyball.

"(Y/n)! Can you come in here" you could hear your dad shout from the kitchen, so dropping everything you were doing you made your way to the kitchen.

"You needed me?" Siting yourself on the counter you watched your dad meticulously scrub the counter

"I will be going for a month to Tokyo, since I don't really want to leave your lonely ass alone I want you to join me" he said bluntly making you sigh

"First of all I am not lonely, sho is here so I have someone. Second of all what will you be doing in Tokyo in the first place, aren't you on vacation on work?" you asked

"We are going to Tokyo because I will be an instructor for the Japan youth training camp, and since you are my daughter they wanted you to participate in the actual camp itself..now do you want to go or what?"

"WHAT REALLY WAIT ARE YOU JOKING AROUND OR ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS BECAUSE I THINK I MIGHT CRY" you were literally so shocked you didn't really think it was real

"Im deadass serious" he said in a monotone voice

"HOLY SHIT AHHHHH-" you ran up to your dad and tackled him with a big hug, unfortunately he didn't fall down. Ever since you started to play volleyball, it has been a dream of yours to participate in the training camp.

The Youth Training camp, it was a prestigious train camp reserved for only the best young volleyball players in all of Japan. Even getting a invitation to even participate is very hard to get. Your dad would tell stories of his experience in the camp..after hearing those stories you made it your personal goal to get an invitation.

2 days passed and  you headed out to Tokyo, When you arrived you were greeted by the head coach there. He explained that you will be with the boys, instead of the girls to test out something that they are working on.

And there you were, a week has passed since you arrived in Tokyo and you had to admit, it was hard. Everyday you had training and since you were the youngest one in the actual camp it was especially difficult.

"(L/n) please keep up!" you could hear the coach shouted at you. "Sorry Sensei!" This isn't how you wanted to perceived- you didn't want to be known as the weakling in the camp..but it couldn't be helped, you were inexperienced and weren't skilled enough to even be matched against the people in the camp.

"Oof- omg I'm so sorry!" You didn't even notice but you bumped into non other than Ushijima

Not even saying a word, he looks at you for a short minute then leaves 'how rude' you thought to yourself