Epilogue

Second Person POV

After waiting the 15 minutes you were supposed too, just as Yuzuriha said she would she made her way to the stage and gave the speech. When it was done the entire crowd applauded her before making their way someplace else either to make a donation or to go enjoy themselves. 

Taking you by the hand Senku stood up, "I don't want you getting lost shorty, I need you to stay by my side, you're so small you could get lost anywhere and that's not an option." Nodding with a slight blush on your cheeks you complied and let him lead you to wherever it was he was going.

The moment he stopped you looked up to see him talking to Chrome, for some reason though he hadn't let go of your hand.

"It's nice seeing the two of you again, I know the two have been busy with your science and technology stuff but hey, since we have a bunch of time on our hands could you go into further details about what your and Senku's job is? The two of you work together am I right?" She questioned with the slight tilt of the head.

"To answer your second question yes, Senku and I work together, the science part of our job incorporates the systematic study of the physical and natural world's structure and behaviour through observation and experimentation and the technology part of our job is the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes," you answered.

Even if Kohaku's knowledge had expanded throughout years she still hadn't gotten used to everything so what you said only made half sense to her, at least she was learning though. Popping out of literally nowhere Gen joined in on the conversation Senku and Chrome were having. A little while later both Ryusui and Ukyo arrived the two of them also began conversing with Senku.

As always they were talking about science stuff, and even if Gen wasn't really into that stuff he still made an effort to step in and share his opinion on certain topics.

Seeing as though you weren't paying any attention as to what Kohaku was trying to say she stopped talking. Whenever she asked you a question you always either nodded your head or said totally, what was it that took all of your attention away. Tracing your vision her eyes locked onto Senku, so that what you were looking at.

Letting a mischievous smile paint her lips she asked, "Are you in love with Senku?"

Seeing you nod she posed another question, "Are you going to confess to him tonight?"

To be completely honest she wanted the answer to be as true as possible, she really wanted you to say that you would because she found that every time you and Senku were together you laughed and smiled, she loved the way you were enjoying yourself because the entire time you spent trying to recreate a technological civilization it was like stress was bound to you.

When you didn't answer she sighed, grabbing the hands of both Chrome and Gen she sped off saying she had to do something important.

Dumfounded at what had just happened Senku looked down towards you.

"So... What do you want to do now? I'm ten billion percent sure Kohaku didn't actually have anything important to do but we have the time so why not spend time with you," Senku said rubbing his nape.

Thinking about it you blushed, "Um, I think the d-dance floor has enough space for 2 more, do you w-want to dance with... me?"

Looking at you Senku chuckled, "To be honest I thought you were just going to say 'whatever is fine', so I was going to ask you to dance," he answered truthfully.

Grabbing your hand he guided you to dance floor.

As if it were a part of a movie as soon as you stepped onto the dance floor slow music began playing.

Taking your hand in his Senku placed his other on your waist while you placed your other on his shoulder, "Am I doing this right? I have never danced with anyone other than my father and even when I did I kept stepping on his feet," you said looking down trying to not repeat that mistake all over again.

"I think your doing good, I've never done this before so I couldn't tell," he chuckled. 

As time progressed and the song ended Senku breathed a sigh of relief.

Giving him a questioning look you cocked your head to the side, "Is everything alright Senku?"

Instead of receiving proper response once again, Senku began dragging you somewhere else. 

...

Arriving in a new area Senku looked you dead in the eyes. Taking both your hands he decided now was the time to be completely honest with you.

"(Y/n), there's something I want to tell you," he stated.

Why had he just called you by your first name? What was going on? Was something wrong with him? Was he dying!?! 

"Senku, if you're dying I promise you on my life I'll do whatever it takes to keep you alive!!" You stated with a sudden act of courage. 

Face palming he smile, he knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you because of this, you had just assumed he was dying and said you were going to find him a cure even if it took you a whole lifetime.

"I'm not dying, it's quite the opposite actually. What I'm trying to say is-" taking in a last deep breath he said, "-I love you."

Shocked you looked at him giving him enough time to elaborate, "Ever since the first time I met you I knew you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my days with, you're so kind. You didn't even know who I was and yet you still offered me help. Whenever you smile I just wish I had enough artistic skills to paint it on a wall. You have no idea how much I've wanted to tell you this, and if there is one thing I didn't comprehend in this world, it would be how I didn't tell you I was in love with you sooner."

Smiling you look up at him, "Senku, if I could I would repeat every word you said to me I would say it back towards you, if I was being honest with you I would say that you were the most selfless person I have ever met, you dedicated more than 10 years of your life into recreating the world into what it is today, so the one thing I can say to you is, I love you too."

And like almost every romance movie, this story ended with a kiss.

___________

Heyo people this was the final chapter of this book, I hope you enjoyed it and if you have any other x reader books you would like me to create please leave a comment so I can see which one you want to see next.

I had a lot of fun making this, and it makes me sad to stop writing on something I spent so much time on.

This is my final goodbye to you, have a nice day.