Chapter 5

Outside the door, Ashton stood, listening to his cousins and clenching his fists in anger. He knew he shouldn't have been rude to Amy, but he was so pissed off at his cousins that it slipped out. He didn't mean to call her a freeloader, she wasn't one, especially since she had just arrived, and she had saved his horse and defended him, and how did he repay her? By being rude to her.

He ran a hand through his hair and walked away, sighing. Maybe Amy was right, maybe he needed to get laid, but when he thought of any of the girls he had slept with, they all turned him off. The only one on his mind right now was that fiery girl in the dining hall with the bright green eyes.

"Well, gentlemen, shall we go on this tour you promised me?" Amelia asked the men.

They hopped up from their chairs.

"Of course," Ellis said, holding out his arm to her. "Come on lovely, let's go. Where do you want to start?"

"Well, I've seen the kitchen, the dining hall, my bedroom, you know, the boring stuff."

The boys laughed. "We can take you to the library," Jacque suggested, tucking his hand into her other one. "There is also a game room."

"You have a game room?"

"Yes. It has a pool table and some other games," Ellis shrugged.

"I thought this kingdom was behind the times," Amelia said.

Jacque laughed. "It is, but we do have some forms of entertainment. We just don't have television and internet."

"And why not?"

"It fries our brains apparently," Ellis whispered in Amelia's ear. "The Queen thinks so."

Amelia giggled. "Really."

"Yes, and we will become flesh-eating zombies."

Amelia laughed again. "Wow, she is crazy."

"You had better believe it," Ellis grinned.

"So, why are you three living here then?" Amelia asked.

"Because it's free," Victor laughed, "that and we are trying to get our college degrees, so saving money while living here helps."

"And where are your families?" she asked them as they walked down the hall towards the library.

"They live here in the city," Ellis said, "but they like their privacy and don't want to be crammed into an apartment."

"I don't blame them," Amelia said.

"It's not so bad," Jacque shrugged. "Ellis and I share a place, and Victor has his own place. When I get sick of Ellis, I go and sleep in Victor's apartment," he grinned.

"I am sure he truly appreciates that," Amelia said sarcastically, making the boys laugh.

"Here's the library," Ellis said, stopping in front of a set of double doors. He opened it and the five of them walked in.

Amelia looked around, impressed at the size of the library. There were bookshelves lining three walls, and the shelves reached the ceiling.

"Wow, impressive," Amelia said, looking around.

"I bet you haven't seen a library like this before, right?" Victor asked her.

She had, it was in her palace, and it was larger, but she wouldn't say that.

"It is very large," Amelia said.

"You can sit in here and read if you want," Jacque offered.

"Not today, brother," Ellis said. "Today we are going to show the lovely Amy non-boring places."