Chapter 25

When the royal family walked back into Becky's apartment, Ashton saw his beloved sitting on the couch by Becky. The boys were lounging around and telling stories. Amelia had changed into a simple dress and had taken off her tiara, and she still looked lovely. Her eyes lit up when she saw him. He walked over to her and pulling her to her feet, he kissed her.

"Okay get a room," Drew teased.

"Soon," Ashton grinned.

"How was it?" Amelia asked her parents.

"I am appalled," her father said. "I have never seen such horrid people in all of my existence."

The cousins started to laugh. "I figured you wouldn't like them either," Amelia smiled at her parents. "What did they say?"

Amelia's mother told her, and everyone looked horrified.

"Wow, she is totally insane," Jacque whistled. "Oh well, after tomorrow, things will be better."

"Yes," the King nodded and turned to his daughter, who was wrapped up in Ashton's arms. "Daughter, you have a lot of work to fix this kingdom, I do not envy you. If you need our help, just ask."

"No father. Ashton and I will do it on our own. I want the people to realize how good of a man their prince is. As a matter of fact," Amelia smiled, "in celebration of tomorrow, I had Jacque call all the restaurants in town. They are going to distribute food and drink to everyone in the kingdom tomorrow night to celebrate a new beginning."

Ashton smiled at his love. "You are wonderful, you know that?"

"I don't mind you telling me some more," she smiled at him.

"The restaurants were a bit hesitant," Jacque said, "until I promised them full payment for their food and labor. We even hired several people with vehicles to help deliver the food," he grinned.

"That's our daughter," the Queen said proudly, "she loves to help others."

"She will make an excellent Queen," Ashton said, kissing Amelia's cheek.

"So, when do I get grandbabies?" the Queen asked, making Amelia blush bright red.

"Mother, really?" Drew shook his head. "You are impossible. She isn't even married."

Ashton turned to Amelia. "Amelia, love, would you like a big wedding?"

"Not necessarily," she said.

"I am thinking, why not get married tomorrow at the Ball."

Amelia gasped. "So soon?"

"Yes, love. I want you to be my wife, and the sooner the better. Then Serena will leave me alone for good."

Amelia turned to her parents.

"Why not?" the Queen chuckled. "Everyone you care for is already here, so yes, let's do it."

"Sweet!" Becky said. "Can I be the maid of honor?"

"Of course," Amelia smiled at her.

"Would you like to be my best man?" Ashton asked Drew.

"I would be honored," Drew grinned and shook Ashton's hand.

"And what are we, chopped liver?" Jacque asked, feeling hurt.

"Jacque, I would be honored if you walked me down the aisle," Amelia said.

He looked shocked. "But that is what your father is going to do."

"No, he is going to marry us. You have become a good friend, and I would be honored. As for Ellis, he can be the ring bearer and Victor can be a groomsman."