Chapter 9

When the five of them got back to the palace and pulled into the garage, Amelia noticed that a car was missing. The Aston Martin was gone.

"Well, I'll be," Jacque whistled, seeing the empty spot in the garage. "He really did donate the car."

"Incredible," Ellis chuckled, then turned to the others. "The last one in the pool is chicken," and he took off running, the others behind him, but Amelia.

"Go on without me, I'll be in later," Amelia told Becky. She nodded and walked out.

Amelia then headed over to Walton, who was polishing a car.

"Hi, Walton," she said.

The older gentleman turned around and smiled at her. "Amy, is it?"

"It is," she smiled at him. "Did the scratch come out of the Ferrari?"

"No, unfortunately not. We are going to have someone come in and fix it for his highness."

"That is going to be expensive."

"Yes, very."

"I can fix the scratch."

"You can?" Walton looked surprised.

"Sure. I am a woman of many talents. Grab me a buffer, some wax, and some toothpaste," Amelia told him.

"Are you sure?" Walton asked, unsure about it.

"I am sure. My parents own some nice cars, and I have had to buff out scratches before."

"Oh?" Walton asked, heading to a cupboard to pull out the things that Amelia needed. "I'll head up to my apartment over the garage and get you some toothpaste," Walton said and hurried away.

Amelia walked over to the Ferrari, running her hands over the paint.

"Poor car," Amelia crooned. "How dare someone hurt you. I can't believe that Ellis would think it was okay to let his slut scratch you up, how dare he."

Walton chuckled from behind her. "Talking to the cars, now are we?"

Amelia blushed at having been caught.

"It's okay, I do it all the time," Walton grinned, handing over the toothpaste. "Okay, now show me this trick, and tell me why you have had to remove scratches from your parents' car?"

Amelia grinned as she took the supplies and got to work.

"Well, when I had just received my driver's license, I took my dad's car out for a spin, thinking he wouldn't notice," Amelia admitted.

"What kind of car was it?" Walton asked her.

"It was a 1969 Stingray. It was my dad's baby."

"You took a half a million-dollar car out for a joyride," Walton chuckled.

"I did."

"Did you get caught?"

"No, but I thought he was going to kill me because when I pulled it into the garage, I got too close to the garage door and put a long scratch all the way down the side."

Walton winced. "Ouch."

"I know. I figured that I would be grounded for life, so I looked on the internet of how to fix scratches on cars and found this recipe. I spent three hours buffing and fixing that scratch."

"And did it work?"

"It did," Amelia said, "look," she told Walton, showing him the hood of the car.

Walton leaned over the car and whistled. "Wow, it did work, who knew? You can't even tell that it was scratched at all."

"I know, right? Now this baby is as good as new." She patted the hood. "And if someone scratches you again, I will personally kick their ass," she said, making Walton chuckle.