Chapter 17

Ashton ate dinner in his room, while Amelia and the cousins ate dinner in the small dining hall.

"What has you smiling?" Becky asked Amelia.

"Just scheming," Amelia said.

"Oh? And what do you have up your sleeve this time?" Jacque grinned.

"Oh, just wait and see," she chuckled.

"We haven't pulled a prank today," Ellis complained. "What are we going to do?"

"I sent Victor to do the dirty deed," Amelia chuckled.

Just as she said that Victor came walking in a cheesy grin on his face.

"Okay, what did you do?" Ellis asked.

"Oh, you will find out," he laughed. "It's the best joke yet, and the Ho is going to be so mad."

"Victor," Jacque warned.

"I don't want the lot of you being charged with aiding and abetting a criminal is all I am saying," Victor chuckled.

"Did you do something illegal?" Ellis asked.

"Nope, but something hilarious. Let's just put it this way, the Ho has a special ingredient in her new bottle of shampoo, and that is all I am saying."

"Amy, what did you put him up to?" Jacque asked.

"You'll see," she shrugged. "And it was really Victor's idea. I was just telling him a funny story before the rest of you came down for dinner, and he found it to be brilliant."

"Oh brother," Ellis said. "Fine, but if we get into trouble for it, you are going down, Victor."

"No one will be the wiser," Victor grinned. "I am still laughing about what is going to happen. Good times," he sighed, helping himself to some food.

In his room, Ashton paced the floor. What was he going to do? How was he going to face Amy? Should he meet her at midnight and explain what was going to happen? Perhaps he should, he needed to let her down easy. But he would feel so horrible. He had to do it though, it was the right thing to do.
Ashton suddenly heard a scream, and then his door slammed open.

He turned and looked in shock. Serena was standing there, only in a towel, almost completely bald. She had clumps of hair here and there, but for the most part, her hair was gone.

"Ashton," she sobbed. "Something is wrong with my shampoo."

Ashton hid a laugh. His cousins must have pulled another prank, although this was going a little far, no matter how funny it was.

"Serena, you said it was your shampoo?"

"Yes," she sobbed. "I was washing my hair, and well, look," she cried, as she pulled on a clump, and it came out in her hands.

"Well, that is pretty awful," Ashton said, hiding a smirk. "I guess you can't go to the ball looking like that."

Serena gasped, then began to sob again. "Oh no, I will look so hideous," she sobbed. "What am I going to do?"

"Well," Ashton said. "There is a wig shop in town, I am sure we can get you outfitted with a wig."

"Oh, yes," she sighed in relief and stepped forward to put her arms around Ashton. "Yes, that will work my love," she said, resting her head against him. She pushed her chest against him and he frowned, pushing her away.

"Serena," Ashton said, "go and clean up and I will have someone call the wig shop to deliver you a wig."

"Thank you, Ashton," she said in relief. She then kissed him and left the room.