Chapter 23

Amelia figured she wouldn't sleep well that night, but surprisingly she did, and she arose early the next morning. She wanted to look good for the prince. She took off her bandages, her wounds healing nicely. As a matter of fact, the stitches looked as if they were gone also. That made it easier. Amelia showered, did her hair and makeup, then put on a nice dress.

She had breakfast brought to her because she didn't want to be a nervous wreck.

When Becky got up, she hugged Amelia. "Things will be okay, I promise," she said, then dressed and left the room.

It was minutes later when a knock sounded on the door. Amelia stood and went to the door to be engulfed by a hug from her brother.

"Hello to you too," Amelia chuckled.

Amelia's parents walked into the room and looked around.

"So, this is where you have been staying," her father said.

"Yes, father."

"It's nice," he said.

"Yes, and it's been fun staying with Becky."

"So, update us," her father said.

So, Amelia did. She told them everything, from the beginning.

When she was done, her family was in shock.

"The Queen wants you dead?" Amelia's mother choked out.

"Yes, she doesn't want anyone in the way of Serena marrying her son, unless it is the princess."

"Well, the prince is going to be greatly surprised by his princess," Drew smirked.

"I know, and I am so nervous," Amelia admitted.

"If he loves you, he won't be upset," the King said.

He then picked up a case he had brought with him, and opening it up, he took out Amelia's tiara. "I figured you would want this today."

"Only this morning," Amelia said. "I want to surprise Ashton's parents with who I am, tomorrow."

"Of course," the King chuckled. "That will be entertaining, to say the least."

A knock sounded on the door then.

Amelia stood and hid behind her parents. "Deep breaths, daughter," the Queen chuckled.

"Come in," the King said.

Ashton walked into the room, looking extremely nervous.

"Your Highnesses," he bowed to them. "Why did you want to meet in here and not in our salon?"

"We do not want your parents to know we are here, not yet," the King said.

"I see," he said, looking confused. Why would they not want to meet with his parents first, and only him? He was nervous as the king and queen assessed him.

"Prince Ashton," the King said. "I would like for you to meet my wife, Queen Brigid, and my son, Drew."

"It is an honor," Ashton swallowed, bowing to them.

"And last, but not least, our daughter, Princess Amelia."

The Queen and King stepped aside to show their daughter. Ashton's breath caught in his throat when he saw the beauty before him, looking resplendent in a dark red gown, a tiara on her head.

"Amy?" he whispered, confused.

"Princess Amelia Isabelle Cardston, your highness," Amelia curtsied to him.