Chapter 21

"Where are we going, good sir?" Amelia asked Ashton as he drove.

"To my favorite place," he grinned. "You will love the food and the people who own it."

"I am sure I will," Amelia said.

"I truly am sorry about what happened with Serena. I had no idea she was going to kiss me, and last night," he shuddered. "I have never been so sickened in my life. That woman has always been trying to throw herself at me, but last night she went too far. She came into my room only in a robe, then dropped it in front of me. I was so disgusted, I closed my eyes and turned my back on her, then she had the gall to try and woo me. I told her I was waiting until my wedding night to do such things. She agreed that would be a good idea, so she put her robe back on and after kissing me, she left," Ashton admitted.

He looked over at Amelia who looked sad.

"Amy, I do not care for Serena, you have to understand that, okay? You are all I want, I told you that. I will go to the ends of the earth for you, okay?"

"Thank you, Ashton, and I would do the same."

"Now, let's cheer up and have a nice day, okay? Just you and I, spending the whole day together, how does that sound?"

"I like that," Amelia smiled at him.

"Good. I have been wanting to spend a day with you since I met you, but with me trying to keep my parents out of my business, and trying to run the kingdom, I've been a bit busy."

"It is all right, Ashton, you are a prince, and you have no reason to apologize for your busy schedule."

"I am still going too," Ashton said. "I want to spend as much time as I can with you, to hell with my responsibilities and my parents," he chuckled.

Amelia smiled. "As lovely as that sounds, I am not going to make you do that."

"I should, it's not like I am going to be a prince anymore in a few days."

"Don't give up on it, Ashton, okay?" she asked, holding his hand in hers.

"How can I not? It doesn't mean a thing to me if I can't be with you."

Amelia smiled softly at him. "Thank you, but don't give up your whole life because of me."

"And why not? Don't you understand that I love you, Amy? In four days I have fallen madly in love with you."

Amelia leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I feel the same."

"So, don't tell me what I can or can't do," Ashton chuckled. "If I want to give up the throne to be with you, so be it."

"Ashton, what did I tell you before?"

"Meet the princess, blah, blah, blah," Ashton smirked.

Amelia bit back a laugh. "Yes, and then you and I can run away, okay?"

"You've got it, babe," Ashton said with a grin.

"Babe? That is so, American."

Ashton laughed. "Yes, I have been practicing my American slang, want to hear some more?"

"Please no," Amelia laughed.

"Oh, come on, babe," he grinned.

"You are insufferable," she muttered.

"Excuse me?" he asked, pulling off onto a back road. "Do I need to punish you for that, Miss Henley?" he smirked at her.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, but I will," he chuckled, as he pulled into a parking lot of a small restaurant. He parked and then leaned over and kissed Amelia. "Just you wait, Miss Henley. My punishments are severe."