Chapter 8

After the five of them ate lunch, they decided to head back to the palace so that they could swim in the pool. Amelia had had enough exploring, and everyone was okay with that. But as they got up to pay, Andy walked out to them. "It's on me today, my friends."

"Andy," Jacque frowned. "We can't allow you to do that," he said, pulling out some cash.

"No, you are my friends, it is on me," he insisted.

"How about a nice tip then," Amelia suggested to Jacque.

"Yes, a tip," Jacque said, handing Andy some cash.

"Okay, that works," he shrugged. "I hope you enjoyed your meal."

"It was excellent," Amelia assured him. "The meat pie was extraordinary."

Andy flushed at her praise. "Thank you, very much. I hope you will return."

"You can plan on it," Amelia promised.

Parson walked out from the kitchen then, a bewildered look on his face.

"Parson, what's wrong?" his brother asked him.

"The weirdest thing."

"Oh?" Andy asked him.

"You know how I keep the radio on in the kitchen, yes?"

"Of course," Andy said.

"Well, there was an announcement just a moment ago, and you won't believe it."

"Oh? What is it?" Jacque asked.

"Apparently the prince just donated a million dollars to help the hungry."

Amelia exchanged a surprised glance with Becky.

Jacque smirked. "It's about time he did something to help."

"I should say so," Parson nodded. "He wants to make sure the money goes towards food and isn't wasted, so he is purchasing the food himself, and taking it to the town square this afternoon to hand it out to those who need it."

"Wow," Becky said, "that is amazing."

"I know," Parson said. "I wonder why the change of heart. And where did the money come from?"

"He sold one of his cars," Amelia whispered.

Parson raised an eyebrow at her.

"Amy was telling us that if the prince sold one of his cars, he could feed thousands of people," Ellis told Parson and Andy. "The prince heard her, and apparently took it to heart."

"Wow," Parson whistled. "He never listens to anyone. You are going to change this kingdom, Miss Amy," Parson smiled at her.

She blushed. "I doubt it, but I am glad he is helping the people. I know his parents won't. The Queen accused me of coming from poverty yesterday," Amelia smirked. "That woman is something else."

"So, we have heard," Andy nodded.

"That's not the best part," Becky said, then proceeded to tell Andy and Parson about what Amelia had said when she didn't think anyone had been listening.

The men burst out laughing. "That is hilarious, Amy," Parson hooted. "Well, at least someone speaks their mind around here, and it's amazing the prince didn't punish you for that."

"I'm glad he didn't," Amelia said. "I tend to speak my mind though, damn the consequences."

Everyone laughed at her statement. "Dear Amy, you are a true delight," Parson said, kissing her hand. "Please come back and see us soon."

"I will," she promised, and after Andy kissed her cheek, the group left the restaurant. The two restaurant owners watching them walk out.

"That woman is going to change this place for the better," Andy said.

"I think so too, and if the prince is listening to her, he must have feelings for her, because he has never listened to anyone before," Parson said.

"Yes, this is true, too bad that she isn't royalty because I know the King and Queen only want him to marry a royal."

"It's not bad," Parson smiled, "because then one of us can marry her."

Andy laughed. "As if she would give us the time of day."

"You never know," Parson said, heading back to the kitchen.