Chapter 7

Jacque pulled into a small shopping center in the middle of town and the five of them piled out.

Amelia looked around her, noticing that they were in a more influential part of town.

"You need to check out this place," Ellis said, taking Amelia's hand, and leading her into a shop. Amelia smiled when they walked in. It was a knickknack store for tourists, but the souvenirs were well made, not cheap junk. Amelia walked over to a small stained-glass window that could hang in a window. It was a picture of the beach with the ocean in the background.

"That is a one of a kind," an older gentleman said, walking over to Amelia. "I made that."

"It is so beautiful," Amelia smiled at him.

"Thank you, young lady."

"How much is it?"

"I am asking $50 for it," the man said modestly.

"I will take it," Amelia smiled, and taking her wallet from her purse, she handed the man a $100 bill.

"Let me get you some change," the man said.

"No, don't worry about it," Amelia said.

"Are you sure?" the man asked, unsure.

"Positive. Your work is incredible, and you are selling yourself short by charging so little."

The man flushed with pride. "Thank you, young lady. We don't get too many tourists around here, so it is nice to have you come in and grace my shop, and you are a beauty."

"Thank you, sir," she smiled. "You are sweet."

The man smiled and walked away, as she browsed the shop some more.

"Wow look at this," Ellis said, holding up a cuckoo clock. "I have always wanted one of these, but it's out of my budget."

"Get it, Ellis, my treat," Amelia assured him.

"What? Are you kidding? This thing is over $200."

"As I said, my treat."

"No, Amy, that is too much," Ellis protested.

"Ellis, get it. That man that owns this shop is in need. If we buy his things, then we support him, right?"

"But the money," Ellis protested again.

"Don't worry about it," Amelia assured him.

She pulled the money from her wallet and handed it to him.

"Let her buy it for you," Jacque said to his brother. "You have wanted one in ages."

"Thanks, Amy, this means a lot," Ellis said, kissing her cheek.

"It is my pleasure," she smiled at him.

"Can I get this?" Victor held up another stained-glass window.

"Of course," Amelia stated.

By the time they walked out of the store, Amelia had paid the man $1000, which he wanted to refuse, but Amelia insisted. "You deserve it for the beautiful work," Amelia assured him.

"You are such a doll," the man cried. "This will help put more food on the table."

"Anything I can do to help," Amelia smiled at him, then the five of them left the shop.

"Amy, seriously, you didn't have to do this," Victor said, as they put the things into the trunk of the car.

"I wanted to, and all of you have become my friends, and I like to buy things for my friends."