Chapter 13

Amelia woke up later, not even knowing what time it was. She turned her head to see that Ashton was sitting on the couch, Ellis by him, and they were visiting. As if they knew they were being watched, the men turned their heads towards her, their eyes lighting up. Both men hopped off the couch and walked over to Amelia.

"How are you feeling?" Ashton asked her, concern in his eyes.

"A bit better," she whispered. "What time is it?"

"About ten in the morning, why?"

"I slept a whole day?" she whispered, in shock.

Ellis nodded. "You did, but you needed the rest. We've been worried about you."

"Thanks," she said.

Becky walked into the room then, relief on her face when she saw that Amelia was awake.

"Hey, cousin."

"Hi," Amelia said.

"Um, I had to tell your mom what happened to you," Becky said.

"Becky," Amelia frowned.

"Don't worry; I told her that you were going to be okay. You just had some bruises and cuts. She said to call her when you were up to it."

"Fine. Thanks a lot," she said, as Becky handed Amelia's phone to her.

"I had to talk to your mom and your dad," Becky said, "your mom has been calling your phone a lot, so I finally answered and told her what was going on. She wasn't happy about the whole thing, but she said to get better, and no, she won't force you to come home. You are a grown woman and can make your own decisions," Becky snickered.

"Okay then, I guess that's good," Amelia sighed. "Sometimes, they are a bit too overprotective."

"Aren't most parents?" Ellis asked her.

"Mine aren't," Ashton shrugged. "They could care less about what I did or what happened to me. When my mother saw the cut on my forehead, all she said was that she hoped the stitches were out before the ball next week because she didn't want her son looking banged up. After all, that would cause more gossip."

"Ouch," Ellis grimaced. "Heartless woman."

"She is," Ashton agreed, "but she has always been that way. I was raised by a nanny, because my mother didn't want to have anything to do with me, and my father didn't care enough to tell my mother to raise me. To them, I am an heir, that is it. It is as if I am not even their own child."

Amelia winced at his words. "I'm sorry, your highness."

"At least your parents care about you," Ashton said, "even if they are protective of you. I wish for that."

"We could always adopt you," Amelia teased him.

Ashton chuckled. "If it were that simple. The problem is also that my mother has it in her head that I want to marry Serena, and her parents are just as horrid as she is. They don't care about anyone but themselves, so can you see us getting married? Our children would be horrid, just like their mother and my mother."

Amelia felt horrible for the prince. What a sucky life he led.

"But enough about my lame life," he sighed, "Which one of you put purple hair dye into Serena's shampoo?" he then smirked. "It was an improvement. She doesn't look too bad with purple hair, but she is so freaked out, she refuses to leave her room."

Ellis, Becky, and Amelia laughed.

"It must have been her new shampoo, Ho Ho Berry," Amelia said.