Off to School/The Fox and the Cat

The morning approached, as the sun shone brightly over the village. The bells rang, and doves flew through the sky. It didn't take long before the village was filled with life. Much of the villagers did their daily business: Baking, fishing, tending the geese or children playing. It was also the first day of school and many children were prepared. They'd get a kiss from their mothers, something that would fuel the heart of good people, and set off for school. Lots of children merrily strolled past Geppetto's shop.

Its green door opens, revealing four beings: Pinocchio, Apple Bloom, Tender Taps and Figaro. It didn't take long for Geppetto to emerge, holding a black vest as a gift for Pinocchio. The puppet, the kitten and the two foals were all excited, interested in the crowd of beings known as 'children of humans'. Geppetto tried to put the vest on Pinocchio, but the puppet moved too much.

"Oh, look, Father!" Pinocchio hopped around. "Look!"

"So many of them," Apple Bloom said, in awe.

"Now, wait. Stand still now," Geppetto said, trying to grab him.

"What are those?" Pinocchio asked, pointing to the crowd.

"Huh? Oh, those. They are your schoolmates. Girls and boys. Uh, no-now, get in—"

Finally, Geppetto made Pinocchio put his vest on.

"Real boys?" Pinocchio asked.

"Yes," Geppetto said.

"Ah never realized there were humans my age," Apple Bloom said, sitting on her haunches.

"Neither did I," Tender said, looking on.

"Maybe you two and Pinocchio can make a few new friends," Geppetto replied.

"That sounds fun," Tender said.

"Yes, fun," Geppetto nodded. "But hurry now..."

The puppet and the foals were set to leave until...

"Oh, oh, wai-wai-wait! Wait. Eh—Aren't your sister and your friends supposed to go with you, Apple Bloom?"

"They're probably still tired from last night," Apple Bloom said. "Maybe Pinocchio, Tender and I can wait for them at school."

"Are you sure you three will be fine?"

"Don't worry, Mr. Geppetto," Tender assured. "We're in good hooves. We just follow the other children and we'll be at school in no time."

"I suppose that's fine," Geppetto considered. "I'll make sure your friends are awake by the time you're there."