I've Got No Strings

After a long walk through town, Honest John, Gideon, Pinocchio, Tender Taps and Apple Bloom arrive at a pair of caravans. Honest John knocks on the door, which open to reveal a big, obese man with black balding hair. He had tan skin, his lower lip pink while the upper is red. He wore a green shirt, dark green vest, brown pants and a big red belt around his belly. When he saw the cat and fox, he was not happy.

"You," He spoke, in a low threatening voice.

The young ones were a little scared, while Honest John kept a smug face.

"Good morning, Stromboli," Honest John tips his hat, joyfully. "How are you doing?"

The man named Stromboli didn't answer right away. He glared at the pair, as if staring into their souls.

"You two have-a some nerve to come-a back after what you did to a-me!"

"Oh, come now, old boy," The fox said, nervously. "You're not still made of that little joke, are you?"

"What joke?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Oh, I once tied strings on Gideon," Honest John explained. "And I may have tried to pass him off as a puppet."

"Uh... What?" Tender asked.

Stromboli heard the fillies talk, looking at the pair and Pinocchio in confusion.

"What is this? Another trick to fool me?!"

"It's not, Stromboli," Honest John said, sweating. "I swear—"

GULP! Stromboli had clutched onto Honest John's collar, he struggled as he was reeled close to the man's angry eyes.

"Because of your last trick, the people laughed at me!" The gypsy yelled. "It took me days to get back on top!"

Honest John tried to talk his way out, while the gypsy argued in a strange language that was known as 'Italian'. Gideon slowly turned to walk away till Stromboli caught him with the other hand and pulled him beside his partner.

"We didn't know that would happen," The fox said, nervously. "Really, it was just a bit of fun."

"I will hurt-a you badly for that!" Stromboli threatened.

The young ones didn't know what to do, as they quivered in fear.

"Wait! Wait!" The fox yelled. "What if I have the solution to make you rich?"

"I'm not falling for that again," Stromboli spat.

"No, honest and for truly!" Honest John plead, placing a hand over his chest. "The answer lies with these three."

The fox ushered toward the two foals and the puppet, who looked at Stromboli with wide, fearful eyes. Stromboli studied them carefully.

"Who or what are they?"

"They, my good friend, are your new stars," Honest John said.

"A boy and two little horses?" Stromboli asked, an eyebrow raised.

"They're no ordinary horses and boy, I assure you," Honest John explained. "These two are real talking ponies with human characteristics and this is a real live puppet without strings!"

"We sure are, mister," Apple Bloom said.

Stromboli looked closely, and at first, he didn't believe it because he didn't want to be tricked. He approached Pinocchio and gave a few knocks on the head.

"He really is-a made of wood," Stromboli observed, waving his hands about his head. "No strings whatsoever."

He took a good look at the foals, studying them with a finger on his chin.