forty five

Remember when Kunhang said we never even had a proper date? Well, we're hanging out before they record their projects and fly out of Korea in a couple of days. I've been thinking a lot that night actually, and I think I've made a decision where it would be the best for the both of us. I feel it's going to be very hard to tell him. Or if he's even going to agree with me.

We decided to meet up at the park.
I was about to leave my apartment when I almost forgot--
"NO WAIT-", I ran back to my room and opened the box where I kept Kunhang's gift.
"Cannot forget this.", I sighed as I put it in my bag.

I went outside and got greeted by a gentle breeze that helped calm my nerves.
"Kunhang?", I was speaking with him on the phone.
"I see you!", he replied excitedly.
"Where are you?", I chuckled, turning my head, trying to find him.

I saw him there standing, waving his hands in the air.
"Yup, there you are."
We approached each other as he said, "We don't have to rush, we have the whole day!"
"We do?"
"Surprisingly yeah.. To be honest, I haven't had a lot of sleep last night, I guess I just really wanted this day to be perfect.", he exclaimed, hopping in place like an overjoyed little kid.
Not gonna lie, this made me a little bit more nervous. 'Will I ruin today just because of what I want to say to him?'

"I have an idea.", he turned to me with a huge grin.
"Let's go!"

------------------------------------------------------

"Kunhang! Where are you taking me?", I asked as he was grabbing my arm, dragging me somewhere.

"Amie, do you like cats?", he looked back at me, asking in an excited tone.
"Yeah, man. I love cats. But what does that have to do with-"
"I'm taking you to a cat cafe!", he announced joyfully. "There's one not too far. We're walking there!"
"Oh, woah really? Even I didn't know there were cat cafes around here.", I wondered, trying to recall. "No, its actually new. I saw pictures of it online and they had the cutest interior!", he informed as he happily showed me pictures of said cafe from his phone.

"Oh my god, you're right... Wait, is that a maine coon?? They have huge cats!", I exclaimed as I always wanted one since I was younger.
"Yeah, I know! They actually have some rare breeds as well! You know, when I get the chance, I'll totally own a cat. Maybe even two!" [A/N: yes this is foreshadowing o.o]
"Look, they have burmillas and angoras-", he continued to geek about cats while we walked there. 

The way he talked and how excited he was about cat breeds just gave me this warm, connected feeling that I can't help but give him fond stares.
"Hey, this is the place!", he spotted the cafe and pointed at it. "Nice, its open!"
"You know, I've never seen you this excited about anything in my life.", I chuckled.
"Well, if the members were here they'd tell you how I could talk about cats for hours.", he snickered as we stood at the front of the entrance.

He opened the door for me and gently bowed. "Come on in.", he joked.
I smiled as I stepped in and was suddenly greeted by this familiar smell of coffee. I immediately got reminded of Dad. I paused for a minute remembering him again. 
"I knew it would remind you of something, Ames.", he said to me with those fond eyes of his.

*BADUMP* I think I felt my chest drop a little.

"Hi, welcome!", one of the workers there kindly greeted us. The aprons they were wearing were adorable. It had cats imprinted on them.
"Hello!", we both greeted back and bowed. "Please have a seat. I can take your order anytime you'd like. Maybe you would like to play with the cats first.", she informed with a smile.

"Of course, thank you!", Kunhang replied.
"Come on, come on!", he grabbed my hand and we walked towards the cat room.
"Woah.", we scanned the place and in the cat room there was this massive cat tree, and shelves all around the walls where the felines hang out. There was also pillows, blankets, and bean bags. The prints on the wallpaper were also adorable. There was a 'cat hall of fame' where all of the cats that have been in this place had their picture framed with their names and personalities.