Chapter 1: Never Let You Go

Hey there! Bet you weren't expecting this! Since my schoolwork has ended, and I have more time to focus on writing, I thought I'd have two ongoing stories. Just keep in mind that the intervals between chapters for this story will be larger compared to that of Wounded. This is just something that's going on in the background.

This is pretty big for a first chapter, but I hope you'll like it anyway! Before it starts though, one update on my other story- I've marked it as Mature, because, according to the Wattpad guidelines, stuff like suicide or attempted suicide falls under there. So I'm just turning it on to make it safe.

In a similar fashion, the cover of this book is indeed a placeholder. Using the FEH art again hehehe.

DISCLAIMER: Fire Emblem and all its characters are owned by Nintendo and Intelligent Systems.

And into the story!

--Three Years Ago--
--Y/N POV--
I was a thief, a pickpocket, living in a small town in Ylisse. My family abandoned me at a young age, and I was left to fend for myself.

A group of shady criminals took me in, and taught me how to steal and be cunning. I will say that it saved my life... but I can't say that I enjoyed it. I only stole enough from the rich to live on...

Today, I noticed a strange group of people walking in the village marketplace. Thanks to the crowd, this was usually a good place where I could snatch some wallets.

A few members of the group caught my eye in particular. At the head was a blue-haired man, who had the appearance of a strong leader. Not far behind him was a girl with hair of the same hue. I will admit that my gaze may have... lingered on her for a moment more than necessary. Anyways, the man looked pretty rich. Maybe he had something good on him... 

I slipped into the crowd unnoticed, and started making my way towards him. 

--Lucina POV--
I walked behind my father through the crowd, ready to protect him from any incoming attack. I'm Lucina, Prince Chrom's daughter from the future. I traveled back in time to try and alter the bleak future, in which Grima, the Fell Dragon, triumphs, and proceeds to destroy everything.

I struggled to keep my droopy eyelids open. I had been suffering from nightmares ever since I came here... people I couldn't save, dying in front of my eyes... the world I loved, forever gone... I shook myself. I couldn't fall into those dark thoughts now, I had to focus. There was still hope. We have a chance to defeat Grima, and change the future.

Suddenly, I noticed a boy, looking about the same age as me, inching towards my father. Instinctively, my hand fell onto my sword, Falchion. I watched him reach into my father's back pocket, coming up with his wallet. 

Then, the boy smiled. I felt my heart jump. He looked pretty handsome when he did that... I felt my cheeks heat up. What was I thinking?? I had to focus on saving everyone. I took a few seconds to regain my composure, before stomping towards him and yelling out loud.

Unintentionally, I aimed my blade at his neck, causing him to turn around and look at me. He smiled sheepishly, before attempting to run. I grabbed his arm to ensure he didn't escape. My stomach did flip flops as my fingers wrapped around his arm. 

Lucina: Father! This person just tried to steal your belongings!

Father turned around and looked at him surprisingly.

Chrom: Well, I must say, you are one sneaky character!

He plucked the wallet from his hands, and offered his hand. He shook it, all the time looking completely bewildered. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes father could be a bit too... friendly.