Chapter 19: The best man

We danced together, actually Severus can dance quite well. I saw that he was nervous and wondered why.

Sam? He asked.
Yes Severus.
I love you and I don't want to live a day without you. Since you came in my life, my days are lighter and brighter, you gave me a reason to live and because of that I want you to ask to marry me. Do you want to marry me?
Severus I- I am so shocked.
He took the ring out of his pocket.
Severus I don't know what to say.
Just say what you think.
After a while I said yes of course!
He picked me up and turned me through the air. We kissed and he slid the ring over my finger.
It is beautiful Severus. I love you.
I love you too Sam, come let's end our evening in our room. He winked.
Good plan! I took his hand and we walked to our room.

The next morning I woke up happier than usual, life felt good. I changed clothes and woke up Severus so we could go to the Great Hall together.
I sat down next to Professor Mcgonagall and showed my ring.

WOW, are you getting married? She said that so loudly that the whole school will have heard.
Yeah, he asked me yesterday.
Congrats. I'm happy for you.
Thank you. I looked at Severus and smiled at him, my day can't go wrong!
We ate and then I went to Alice, I don't see her as often as I used to, which is a pity.

Alice?
Yes Sam?
I'm getting married!
What are you getting married? Congrats. Tell me everything. Which she said too loud
We walked towards the training grounds while I told her everything in detail.
And when is the date?
I don't know yet, I said. We haven't really talked about it yet.
Okay, if you need help you can find me! See you later Mrs. Anemone or soon Snape.
See you later Miss Smith.

I was teaching the whole day, but I couldn't stay focused, my mind was busy with dreaming about my dream wedding. I think Severus wants to keep it private and with a couple friends.

When the day was finally over I went to my room.

Hello Sev, how are you?
Hello, I'm fine, I am tired.
Oh okay, I could hardly pay attention today, I keep thinking about our wedding.
Haha, come here, let's set a date already.
I sat down next to Severus and we talked about our wedding for hours until we fell asleep in each other's arms.

Severus Snape

Sam kept thinking about an answer, I got scared she wouldn't marry me. Finally she said yes! I am so happy, to spend the rest of my life with the love of my life.

I take Sam to our bedroom, making love the first time with Sam as my fiancé.
I undress her and kiss every part of the body, her neck, arms, belly, legs, everywhere. Sam moans softly, I know I'm doing well, I decide to tease her a little, so I kiss her everywhere except between her legs. I can tell from her reaction that she doesn't like it very much, which makes me even more excited.
I undress and now it is her turn to spoil me, she does heavenly things until I push her away from me and lie on her and make love to her.

When we're done she lies on my chest. I stroke her hair while she is busy thinking. God, she is beautiful. I am not the usual boyfriend or a man like all the other men, but she chose me anyway. I smile and pull her closer to me.

I love you Sam.
I love you Severus too.
We fall asleep.

Sam wakes me up, but I don't feel like getting up, she's too happy and I have a morning mood.

Goodmorning Sunshine!
Good morning Sam. I check the clock and it was too early! Couldn't you let me sleep again?
Someone is troubled by a morning mood again. She went to the bathroom and changed clothes. I turned around and slept fifteen minutes further.
Severus!
What? I said startled.
We have to go to the Great Hall now.
Okay, okay, so I changed quickly and went to the Great Hall with her.
I hope she doesn't draw too much attention with the engagement ring. I already know what the new gossip is going to be 'The dungeon bat is saved by the badger' or 'Someone likes Professor Snape anyway' I got angrier by the minute.

Professor McGonagall congratulated us and Sam went to Alice. Now the rumours would start... Pff, why is she her best friend? The girl who gossips the most!

What are you getting married?! Alice yelled. Great. Now the whole school knows.
I saw the whole school looking at me, I wish I could disapear. They will figure it out but this is too soon, we barely spoke about it.

I went to my classroom and I would ask Dumbledore to be my best man, I don't have a lot of friends, I think Albus is the closest friend I have.

When my two lessons were done in the morning, I walked to his office.
I knocked on the door and Albus said come in.
Hello Albus, can I ask you something?
Severus, of course.
Sam and I are getting married and I wanted to ask you if you want to be my best man?
What an honor! I would love that.
Maybe you can also give a speech?
If you want to do that then I will gladly do that.
Thank you Albus.
I don't have much time Severus, someone comes by to discuss certain matters.
Okay, I won't bother you anymore, see you later!
See you later Severus.

I walked to my room and decided to read the potions book for next year, there are always mistake in it, until Sam would come back.