Doctors orders

Nico's POV

Damn Will Solace.

3 days in the infirmary consisted of constant streams of chatter, crappy ( ok, not so bad) pick up lines that made him blush and slightly intimate touches. Percy and Annabeth were ok with him being gay and Hazel was suprised at first but she had warmed up to the idea. But no told secret came without a downside.

The constant innuendos.

Piper, being the daughter of Aphrodite that she is, had instantly noticed the way Nico eyed the son of Apollo. He had blatantly denied, each denial accompanied by his habital deadpan expression but that was no good against charmspeak. The others had watched, amused, Hazel indignant, as Nico blurted out his secret crush, his face flushed with embarrassment. Naturally, they had watched him talking to Will, dropping subtle hints while Nico 'accidentally' summoned a few skeletons to harass Percy who's hints where not so subtle.

It was the last night for the summer campers. Chiron had announced that there would be a fireworks night. Nico watched as demigods sat on blankets at the bottom of Half-Blood Hill, pointing at the bright sparkles of blue, red, green, gold and silver exploding in the sky while he lounged in the shadow of Thalia's pine tree. A warm breeze sifted through its branches as footsteps announced another person.

"Mind if I sit?"

Nico swerved to the sky blue eyes of a Will Solace looking at him with glittering mischief.

He sighed.

"I'm going to say no and you're going to sit down anyway."

Will grinned and sat down next to Nico. A little to closely. His hand brushed Nico's, making him blush. Will's grin was replaced a smirk.

Nico cleared his throat. "So how come you're not sitting down there with the rest of your unnaturally optimistic family?"

Will chuckled. "The happiness was giving me a migraine. I felt the need to get closer to the shadows." His lips brushed Nico's ear as he said this, making the Ghost King's heart pound. "Plenty of shadows of down there," he stuttered, his mind unable to produce sharp remarks or coherent thoughts. Will chuckled. His arm had snaked around Nico's waist, landing lightly on his hip. "You looked lonely. Plus I didn't like some of the looks the other campers were giving you." As it turned quite a few campers were gay and had no shame eyeing up the Prince of Death. But... why would Will care?

"How does relate to you?"

Will flipped Nico so he was under him. His blue eyes where glazed with want. "Because I thought they needed to know you're taken."

With that, he pressed his mouth against Nico's.

He was aware of Will's touch, his hand on his hip where the shirt had rode up. He kissed him back, allowing Will entrance when his tounge glided over his bottom lip, making Nico moan. He lost track of time. It could have been seconds or hours when Will drew back, his eyes glazed with want. But instead of talking, his mouth continued down Nico's neck, making fists his hands in Will's hair. Will smirked as he drew back, eyeing the dark red marks that ran down the Son of Hades's neck. He lay down next to Nico and put his arm under Nico's head. "There, that should tell them you're taken."

"Will, h-how long..."

"Ever since I saw you. When we at war with the Titans. I wanted you and hated pretty much everyone who got to talk to you."

"But why did you kiss me now?"

Will grinned. "Well Nico, some people play hard to get but for you it comes naturally."

"But I di-didn't..."

"You practically drove me crazy. Especially when you had to take your top off for the cuts on your back. I really should Kayla but trust me, I have a LOT of self control, even after seeing you without a-

Nico shut him up by catching him in another kiss. Will was to stunned to argue and only to willing.

They drew apart in each others embrace.

"Oh, and Nico?"

"Hmmm?"

"I think you need a few more days in the infirmary. Come along to my cabin if there are any unexpected pains. Doctor's orders."

Nico laughed softly while the rest of Camp Half-Blood continued watching the fireworks, oblivious to the lovers above.