Chapter 3

"Mommy! Look at what I drew!" Ella said while rushing towards my desk.

Mom and Dad went on a vacation and since I don't feel comfortable with my daughter just staying with the maids, I've been taking her to my office. And eventhough at times she can be very pushy to get my attention, I would rather have her here with me than anywhere else.

"That's very good baby! You're getting good at this! Now continue with what you're doing and mommy works here, okay?" I told her in hopes she would just continue playing and stop showing me everything every minute.

Don't get me wrong. I love my daughter so much. She's my life, she's my happiness. But at times it can be very tiring when I really need to focus with my work and she would come at me to show her masterpiece. Of course, I would look at them and make her feel I appreciated her works, aside from I really do, I don't want her to feel unappreciated.

"M'kay!" She ran back to her mini workstation, which is basically just my corner table and couch.

I don't know how many minutes or hours have passed, but I knew I have read multiple e-mail and reports when I noticed my daughter has stopped bugging me. When I looked at her, I saw her head was leaning on the table while she was still holding a piece of crayon.

She fell asleep while coloring.

I went to her to see she was knocked out really good. I smiled before carrying her and laying her at the couch. I put her blanket on top her and positioned her comfortably.

"Ice cream" Ella said.

I looked at her just to see she was still sleeping.

She must be dreaming of an ice cream.

I walked back to my desk and continue with my work.

This has been my routine for years now. I would spend my days in the office and my night with my daughter. Ella would stay at my parents' house whenever I'm at work and I would pick her up so that we can go home together. During weekends, we would spend our Saturdays and Sundays with my parents. They really love my daughter and wanted to spend as much time as they can with her. I think they have even spoiled her, but I'm glad my daughter did not grow-up to be a stuck-up spoiled brat. She remains to be respectful and humble with everyone.

But don't think I have stopped socializing with other people and just spent all my time with my daughter. There are some nights where I still meet-up with my friends, or some guys who would ask me to have some dinner. I just don't want to be rude and decline their offer right off the bat, but I always make sure that that dinner would be the first and last because my sole focus now is my daughter.

But it's a different story when it comes to Mark.

Yes, Mark.

I don't know how he did it, but he worked his way to earn my daughter's favor. He would sometimes go to my parents' house and spend time with Ella, of course with my parents watching them. He has been very honest with his intention, saying he wanted to win me again and be the father figure to Ella, and he promised to treat Ella like she was her own.

Like hell I care whatever his intention is.

From the start, I have made it very clear to him that I don't want anything to do with him. I loathe him and his entire being. I couldn't believe I was so madly in love with him.

I was so stupid back then.

But he was persistent. He made sure to make his presence felt especially with Ella, and now my daughter would be asking for him when he wouldn't visit for days.