On Midnight Dates And Surprises

Beomgyu can’t really concentrate. He probably combed his hair a few more times than what’s acceptable and kept looking at his reflections in the mirror. He is wearing what he thinks is decent enough- grey turtleneck under a black lapel wool trench coat, black jeans that emphasized his long legs and casual black leather boots.

Yeonjun and his staff actually complimented him when they saw him before they left. Telling him good luck on his date even if this is not a date. He is just meeting a friend for the first time.

Its already past eleven and based on their last conversation, Taehyun’s plane landed half an hour ago so he’d be arriving anytime soon. Since the reservation at the restaurant they previously chose had to be cancelled, they agreed to just look for a place that is open 24/7, this is quite easy anyway, considering Seoul doesn’t technically sleep.

To better pass the time that fiddling with his fingers, Beomgyu begins looking for places to eat on his phone when he hears a motorcycle engine running and coming to a stop right outside the studio. He wonders if there’s a late-night delivery Yeonjun hasn’t told him about.

He hears the doorbell and almost jumps in his seat. It can’t be Taehyun. The guy never mentioned a motorcycle or….

But when he opens the door, it reveals the man who has constantly occupied his waking days and thoughts for almost a month now. He doesn’t look that different from when Beomgyu saw him (in a selfie prior to his flight, with Taehyun saying ‘prepare to see my handsome face’). A simple black undershirt with a black bomber jacket, ripped blue jeans, his dark hair a bit messy from wearing the helmet he is now carrying.

Beomgyu feels extremely overdressed even if he’s sure any article of clothing on Taehyun is double the price of his entire look.

It doesn’t matter because Taehyun is looking at him with the same intensity he has from those selfies he sent…. Okay, maybe not really. This is definitely ten times better because this is live. Taehyun is not looking at the lens of the camera but at him.

He can actually melt under that piercing gaze.

Then he smiles, “Beomgyu-hyung.” And Beomgyu feels the urge to close his eyes from the brightness of the single smile. In a split second he looks like his age- boyish charm from that playful, toothy grin. He has the kind of smile which makes you think of a little squirrel, cute and adorable and makes you want to say aww.

It makes him feel warm inside. At least until a cold winter breeze blew and he sees Taehyun visibly shiver. “Come in quick.” He says opening the door leading the younger man inside the studio.

Taehyun combs his hair back with his fingers, the action sends butterflies to the other’s stomach, before he places his helmet on one of the tidier tables free of clutter.

“Why are you not wearing a thicker coat? Its cold outside.” Beomgyu asks, not looking at him. Without even asking, he moves to prepare some tea for the guy, thankful that there’s something to do to distract him. Or else, he’d be standing there, staring stupidly at this irritatingly good-looking kid.

“I wanted to get here faster so I didn’t have time to change,” Taehyun says. Beomgyu can feel the guy looking at him, watching his every move. He feels a bit self-conscious, but what can he do? He makes a resolution not to be intimidated by the man (and his good looks) and decides to just get over his nerves. But then Taehyun is already a few steps from him, grabbing him by the wrist.