Chapter 49

Taehyung's pov:

Taehyung's pov:

It was officially lunch time. Taehyung was sat at a table with Kyungsoo, the male Kai fist bumped in English. Kyungsoo seemed nice as Taehyung had pleasant conversation with him.

The male poked at his weird looking pasta as he told Taehyung a story about him and Kai. When Kyungsoo finished the story Kai came back with two lunch trays.

Kai greets his friend and places the tray in front of Taehyung. Taehyung thanks hi and focuses on anything. As Taehyung's yes roam around he spots a familiar head of hair.

Jungkook shrugs as he talks to a female. He begins to scoot inwards finding interest in the female across from him. Taehyung looks away from the male feeling saddened by how close he was getting.

A part of him stayed watching from the peripheral vision. Jungkook places his head down as the girl patted his head. Finally Taehyung places full attention to Kai and his friend.

Kyungsoo says something that causes Kai to laugh hysterically as Kyungsoo giggles. Taehyung smiles as Kai digs his face in his neck leaving a small kiss.

After lunch was over Taehyung headed to his final class. Kai walks beside him, "Give me your bag I'll walk you to class." Taehyung complies handing his bag to Kai and begins to walk.

Kai talks about his struggle with his math class which Taehyung doesn't really pay attention to. It's not that he wanted to use Kai he just wanted a distraction.

Kai stops Taehyung, "Taehyung, something wrong?" Taehyung looks up at Kai smiling as he shakes his head. Taehyung gives a verbal reply, "I'm fine, sorry, I'm just a little tired."

Kai smiles at him nodding his head then proceeding to walk Taehyung to class. When Taehyung was finally at his class door he takes his bag from Kai thanking him for the walk.

Instead of leaving Kai holds Taehyung's hand, "One last thing. Can I drive you home later? Like after school? I have basketball practice so you might have to wait a while, but can you please let me drive you?"

Taehyung thinks for a bit. He really wanted to go home and sleep to get this weird day over with. Again instead of saying what he wants he smiles and nods his head. Kai smiles leaving the boy to attend his class. Taehyung makes his way to class waiting until the day is over.

•••

Taehyung's class finally finished and now he was sitting on the stairs reading a book. The boy was deeply invested in the book as he waited for his basketball friend.

The book got to the climax of the story making Taehyung desire to get to the end of the climactic part. As his eyes furiously swiped right to left a ball hit his leg lightly.

Taehyung looked away from his book to see a basketball at his leg. A loud yell echoed in the hallway, "Yugyeom! You asshat slow your throw!" Taehyung knew that voice well. It almost surprised him that the voice actually boomed.

Taehyung picks up the ball getting ready to take it to Yoongi, the loud voice that boomed, until he saw a sweat soaked Jungkook jogging his way. Jungkook had his head down most likely tired and trying to search for the ball.

Taehyung swallows and steps in front of the male. Jungkook finally looks up meeting eyes with Taehyung. "Here the ball." Taehyung says.

Jungkook is about to say something, but Kai calls out for Taehyung. Taehyung turns his attention to the said male who jogs up to him. Kai notices Jungkook and smiles, "Hey, guppy! Seen you've gotten better at basketball since freshman year." Jungkook rolls his eyes at the said male.

Taehyung turns to grab his bag ready to leave since he was starting to become heavily exhausted. Kai waves goodbye to Jungkook and grabs Taehyung's bag while also taking a hold of his hand.

Taehyung smiles as he allows the other male to interlock their fingers. The feeling didn't feel right it was as if Kai's hands weren't big enough for his hand. He didn't feel a warmth or safety from the hold. Taehyung sighs yet doesn't let go.

Booo! I love Kai!! He is prettyyyyy!!!-lazynim