Chapter 57

Taehyung's pov | First:

I sigh as the last person finally leaves. My father makes his way upstairs and my mother throws away her napkin. The entire night I spent looking after her in hopes of getting the same attention I got before, but there was no luck.

I sigh once again the warm breath grazing past my lips. I make my way to Jin and Yoongi who seem to be having a serious conversation. Deciding not to intrude I make my way back to the kitchen. Mother is leaned against the island as she looks down.

I grab a glass of water feeling myself a little thirsty. "Taehyung, come here." Mrs. Kim calls me over her index finger swinging back and forth. Her expression is stern her eyebrows knit together.

I carefully make my way over fear consuming me. Maybe I did something wrong? Is she going to scold me again? Maybe I was hoping for too much over a simple incident?

Once I'm infrot of her I look down at the glass of water. Looking into her eyes makes me cower away, so I decide to avoid them. I see the shadow of her hand move up causing me to flinch a little. Now, I'm rethinking if looking down was a good idea.

Assuming that she's going to strike me I'm surprised she places her hand on my head. I feel her hand smooth down my hair as she adds, "I'm proud of you. The painting you drew is amazing." I look up at her as her eyes seem slightly more gentle than usual and a timid smiles lies on her lips.

I quietly thank her as she finally leaves me alone in the kitchen. I walk out with a smile on my lips. I finally got what I was asking for the entire night. A tiny bit of affection from my mother.

As I make my way to Yoongi and Jin I notice that they both look tense, but aren't talkin to each other anymore. When I'm in front of them I look between the two. I question, "What's wrong?" They look at each other for a brief moment. Then Yoongi pulls out his phone.

I look towards Jin's direction giving him a confused look, silently asking what happened. Instead he just looks toward Yoongi's direction where he now has his phone to his ear. I watch Yoongi as he patiently waits for, what I assume, someone to pick up his call.

The first thing that he says into the receiver is, "Kook, do you really like Taehyung?" I feel the light smile on my face fall. They both look in my direction. Yoongi sighs as he listens to Jungkook speak.

He quickly hands me the phone forcing me to take it as he hurriedly whipsers a quick, 'repeat it again'. From the other line I can hear Jungkook admit that he likes me. I swallows the saliva that begins to form as my eyes begin to water.

Form the other line Jungkook is spewing how much he want Yoongi to protect me from heartache. His finally words are him admitting that he doesn't like me, but loves me. I feel my throat tighten. I want to release a sob, but I left stuck.

I want to say something else not just stay quiet, but I can't. My mouth is too dry and I'm dumbfounded. Finally he hangs up. He ends the call as I drop my hand down. I give Yoongi his phone back heading to my room. My mind needs to wrap around everything and I need time to breathe.

At this point I don't know if the other two left or not and neither do I care I just want to sleep my thoughts a little. I head into bed too tired to care to change.

I promise it has a happy ending. -lazynim