Four

The attic was the first thing that Y/N decided to check out, "yesss there's very good energy up here" she thought to herself as she climbed up the wooden staircase at the back of the second floor "beetlejuice vibes"

The door seemed to unlock with a light "click", as she pushed against it, it revealed a beautiful room full of old memories made by a family. Close to Adam and Barbara but obviously they don't exist- anyway if they did, it seems they would exist in the house next door to hers.

Before she could turn to leave, the wall opened- as if a door had been there the entire time and someone from the other side had pushed it open. Apart from a swell of green smoke enveloping the room, there was nothing there.
"I've got nothing here to lose" she said aloud before stepping into the emerald haze that flowed out of this mysterious gap in the wall.

Walking out the other side she found herself...

Back in the attic.

Y/N was confused, a green mysterious portal that leads to a place like the netherworld probably should take you somewhere exciting, right? Nope, it led her to the same place she was before, the same bag, the same phone with all her stuff on it, the same outfit- nothing was different.

Upon the door of the attic she saw a photo, a picture of what seemed to be the old lady that Betelgeuse and Lydia scare in 'That beautiful sound" and Adam and Barbara Maitland, "that wasn't there before," she thought as she once again twisted the icy door handle and pulled the door open.

Everything seemed practically the same, same parents with the same attitude, all the stuff she had bought in were the same- except for a Beej jumper she left on her bed to sleep in, it was now replaced with a plain black hoodie.

She traveled downstairs and mentioned to her mom that she was going to explore the town. Her mother's answer was just her passing Y/N a box of cookies and telling her to greet the neighbours. That was probably the nicest her mother had been to her for 10 years.

She stepped onto the gravel path and let the rocks 'crunch' beneath her feet. The fields were still green, the street was still the same- but the weird house on the hill stood more sturdy than she had seen it, and this time there were cars in the drive way.
"Great way to clear my mind and meet the neighbour hood," she hummed before placing in her earphones and played 'The whole being dead thing pt2"

-finally a fresh start-

________________________________
A/N
New chapter, hope you enjoyed
She's finally gone through the portal into the parallel universe.
Just did a proof read and found some errors and spelling mistakes. And again because apparently I didn't fix them all

Thanks xx