Filler Chapter 1

(NOTE: Filler chapters do NOT interfer with what is currently going on in the book. Thank you for reading and enjoy the chap.
-Bum)

Aphmau's P.O.V
I walked out my room wearing all black. Katelyn, Garroth, and Aaron wore all black as well. You're probably asking why? Well if you were paying attention to anything that's happening right now, there are protests happening in our area. Katelyn and I were planning on going a couple days ago, but then Garroth wanted to join. So we accepted and then Aaron found out and refused to let us go if we didn't include him. So we included him. We're also going with one of our other friends (The one who invited us to go with him). His name is Thomas. We had signs already made and all we had to do was sneak past everybody in the living room.

I walked down the stairs and saw the other three waiting by the door. I walk towards them with a smile on my face. "You guys ready?" I ask. They nodded, and we headed out the door. We walked to where hundreds of people were standing. There were a ton on police standing with guns in their hands. I felt a little bit of regret but then realized I'm doing this for a reason. There are people of color who are getting killed for no reason. And the fact that the government doesn't even care. The fact that our cheeto of a president doesn't even care, makes me pissed beyond comprehension.

We saw Thomas' fluffy hair from the crowd and walk towards him. "Hey Tommy!" Katelyn says. Thomas turns around and smiles.

"Hey Katie. Aphie. Who are those two?" He asks, pointing to Garroth and Aaron.

"That's my boyfriend Aaron, and our friend Garroth." I say. Thomas smiled at them.

"Nice to meet you. Glad to see you two will be joining us." Thomas says. Aaron and Garroth smile back at him.

"Anything for you guys. I know that I will never understand what you guys are going through and the fact that you lost a sister to these people breaks my heart. But I'll stand with you guys and your fight for equality." Garroth says, running his fingers through his blonde hair.

"That means a lot. Thanks man." Thomas says. "Anyways, let's do this!" He said, raising his sign up. Me being short, I couldn't really hold up a sign, but Aaron helped me. Our sign said:

"BLACK LIVES MATTER!
NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!"

I made it myself. Garroth and Katelyn held up their signs afterwards.

Garroth's sign said: "I'm not black, but I will fight with you."

Katelyn's sign said: "BLACK LIVES MATTER. I'LL FIGHT WITH YOU!"

It was overall, a peaceful protest. No one was trying to fight with the cops. Sometimes a few people would crack jokes about the cops, but it's not like they put a hand on them.

It was very peaceful.

Until they started shooting. We, along with everyone else, started running as they started to throw tear gas at us. I promise you, I've never ran so fast until today. I realized Thomas wasn't with us, so I ran back, through the gas trying to find him.

I ran through all the gunshots.

Through all the protesters.

Then I see him trying to get away from the cops. I tried to pull him away, but it didn't work.

He was thrown onto the ground.
He didn't try to resist it.
He just kept screaming in pain.
He told me to run.
He told me to get away.

I couldn't.

And sometimes, I wish I did.
But then I remembered, I came here for a reason.

So they can get heard.

I stood there. Not moving. Not until they let go of my friend. Then I heard two gunshots. Thomas' screaming stopped.
I heard my friends screaming our names. Everything went blurring.

Then it went black.

Now, but I know that this was for a good cause. I did this shit because I had to. All those other people ran away. I ran towards them. And I hope, that people will say our names.