Chapter 1: Zero

"Hey, you OK?"

Dominic turns around and sees a small yet young Blue hedgehog like him but he wasn't like him nor Sonic. He (even though it's hard to notice) had two different coloured eyes, one green and one aqua and, to Dominic's shock, had several scars over his body. But one difference between him and Sonic is that when Sonic looked at Dom, his eyes were filled with blinded hatred. But this hedgehog was different, his eyes were as warm as fire.

The hedgehog's Heterochromia eyes then lit up in fear as he backed up a bit "oh uh I'm sorry." He said in the trembling voice "Do you need more time alone? I'm so sorry I—"

"it's OK kid." Dominic smiled, his forest green eyes glowing with a warm, brotherly feeling "It's OK. Say what are you doing around here in the streets?"

The hedgehog perked up when Dom said that "oh nothing" he said, scratching the back of his head "just..... living my life."

Dominic gave the hedgehog a cocked eyebrow. The hedgehog then sighed in defeat. "OK OK! You win! I have nowhere else to go! I'm homeless!"

Dominic frowns add him as he stares at the scars over the hedgehog's body.

"Looks like you were having a rough night as well!" Said Dominic with a frown. The hedgehog smiled just a smidge "yeah I was." He said in a bit more of a higher tone "I just got my butt kicked by a butcher when I tried to steal some chilli dogs from his shop."

Dominic just looked at him with a impressed look "dang, you got some guts!" Dom giggled. The hedgehog giggles as well, but it was a bit more awkwardly "thanks."

Dominic then looks down at his hands with tears still in his eyes "I was also had a very bad day as well, it's just—" "Sonic got arrested! didn't he?" Said the hedgehog almost suddenly "For assaulting you, right?"

Dominic flinched, "how did you know?"

The hedgehog shrugged "well I saw you two from a distance and Sonic shot ya and stabbed ya. I never saw him so angry, so brutal towards you! Why?"

Dom sighs "it's because....." Dom took a deep breath before he accidentally raised his voice a bit ".......it's because I'm ugly! OK?!"

Even though Dom just snapped at him a bit, The hedgehog still kept his cool and just smirked at him "Ugly?" He said with a disbelieving scoff "I don't think you're ugly! I think you're pretty handsome to me!"

Dominic flinched again this time in shock. Like ever since he got the job for playing sonic in the movie no one except for the other actors and the staff said anything nice to him. "really?"

The hedgehog smiled in a bit more of a teenage way "yeah! like seriously?! Nike shoes?! I LOVE Nikes!!! Even though I can't wear any Nike shoes Because my feet are too big, but I can wear Nike shirts which is pretty cool as well." "thanks!" Dom smiled "but puma shoes are also really cool as well." The hedgehog smiled as well "thanks. I'm glad you noticed."

There was a small silent moment for a couple of seconds until the hedgehog let out a sigh as tears began running down his face. "hey kid. What's wrong?" Dom said with a frown. "oh nothing, it's just....." The hedgehog tries to wipe away his tears, but they're quickly coming out as he begins to break down, his ears drooping.

Dominic looked at the small hedgehog with a smile as he embraced him in a hug. The hedgehog tries his very best to hold back the tears. "I'm sorry" The hedgehog croaked through the tears "Is there a box of tissues somewhere?"

Dominic just smirked behind him "Tissues wipe away tears so you can hold then back in again." He said "I want them all out!

The hedgehog just stared at him in shock before he buried his tearful face in Dom's shoulder. Dom hugs him tight as he comforts him. But then he heard the Director call him in. Dominic releases the hedgehog before he stood up and began to leave. He turns to the hedgehog again with a smile.

"The name's Dominic BTW" he said "Dom for short!"

"Dominic?" The hedgehog said with a smirk "Hmmm. Cool name!"

"Thank you!.....and you?"

"hm?"

"What your name?"

The hedgehog said nothing and looked away. Dominic frowned. "Do you even have a nam—"

"Zero." Said the hedgehog with a small smile.

"Z-what?"

"that's my name. Zero the hedgehog. You can call me Z for short."

"oh ok. Zero. It's a pretty cruel name but easy enough."

"thanks"

"DOMINIC!!!!" The director called. "I'M COMING!!!!" Dominic called back.

When Dominic was about to leave he turns back to Zero who was walking towards a little box with several blankets and other cozy stuff inside. But the most shocking thing was that the box was big enough for Zero to crawl inside to sleep.

Dominic smirked as he leaned on the wall with his arms crossed "Hey Z!" He called.

Zero's ears perked up when Dom called for him "Yeah?" "you should pack your things" said Dominic with a smile. Zero just looked at him with a confused look "why?" He asked.

Dominic then pulls out some car keys and pressed a button on them. Then a shiny black Mustang pulled up to the yard. Zero stared in awe as Dominic walked beside him.

"Say Z" Dominic spoke "What about you come to my house?"

Zero perked his ears before turning to Dom "really?" He asked. Dominic nodded.

But when Zero was about to walk towards the car he hesitated immediately.

"No Dominic" Zero frowned "You don't have to do that"

Dominic cocked an eyebrow "why?"

Zero sighed "because I am homeless" he said with a frown "No one wants to take a homeless person into their house"

"but I want to" said Dom with a smile "Besides, It's good to return the favour to someone who did something kind to you, especially in your darkest hour."

"Oh come on man!" Zero chuckled "I'm not like those people who judge a book by its cover! I am one of those people who judge a book by its words."

Dominic smiles "you got that right Z!"

Zero smiles for a bit before he looks back at the car.

"so.....what do you say?" Asked Dominic. Zero looked at the car for a little while longer before he turns back to Dominic with a determined smile on his face. "let's go!" He said.

When the two hedgehog jump inside the car, Dominic grabs his phone and called the director.

"Steve?............yes it's me............Yes Steve, I'm ok, I'm just gonna to take a night off......ok.....thank you...........bye."

Dominic then hangs up, leaving Zero confused.

"who was that?" Asked Zero.

Dominic looked back at him with a smile "The Director of the sonic movie."

"oh. so you called him for a night off?"

"even better. He owed me two days off ever since the incident with Sonic."

"Well that's a good choice. You earned it!"

"Thanks Z."

"NP Dom."

Zero and Dominic looks at each other with smiles on their faces as they drove away from the filmmaking places.

Meanwhile at the Hollywood prison,

Deep in the back of the darkest cell was Sonic all chained up in his prisoner uniform as he stares at his hands, glaring daggers at them.

"when I see him again...." Sonic smear to himself "....He's DEAD!!!!

To be continued......