Chapter 6: Lightning and Bullets

⚠️ This chapter contains mature themes such as Blood, Violence and shocking images of injury and "sounds" of Bone Break.
Viewer discretion is advised!

***

Zero's Pov

It took a while, but Zero fully recovered from being overtired from working 22 hour shifts and was now ready to go back to work. He was nervous about Steve's reaction to him coming back because Dominic had told him that when he called Steve for his days off, he heard him sigh in relief like he doesn't want Zero for the job anymore. Those words sent shivers down Zero's spine, but he just shrugged it off and kept moving on with his head held high.

But when he got inside, everyone (except Steve of course) greeted him in the very happy way. Dash was there as well as he zoomed into Zero's arms while he hugged him tight. "Zero!" Dash cried "I missed you so much!" "we heard what happened Z" James said as he walked into the room "Dominic had told us that you were too tired to go to work yesterday" "so how are you feeling?" Lola added. Zero just smiled at everyone "i'm feeling so much better now!" He said "if it weren't for Dom, I would've passed out at work!" "yeah, you would've!" Dominic giggled "and that's what friends do!" "cheers to a quick recovery!" Jim cheered as he raised his mug of coffee that he made himself. Everyone looked at him with surprise looks. "W-What?" Jim stuttered " is there something wrong with my make-up?" "don't worry Jim!" Zero said with a chuckle "you look fine!!!"

Everyone just laughs at the way Zero said "fine" until The announcement speaker calls out "main actors to the theatre. I REPEAT, MAIN ACTORS TO THE THEATRE NOW." Zero grimaced quietly when he realize that the voice from speaker was Steve's, but he just shrugged it off and bids everyone good luck, especially Dom and James because they were the two main protagonists and being main characters means LOTS OF LINES!!! Zero had helped Dom with his lines before and Dom decided to let him do one of his favourite lines, which Zero was really good at. ⬇️

Anyways, when everyone except Dash and Lola were gone, Zero begins making Lola her tea and poring up Dash's chocolate milk. "So..." he began "why ain't you two in the actors list?" "I'm not!" Dash said almost suddenly "but Lola is! She is playing as Longclaw, Sonic's Mom!" "She's his Mother-figure, Dash" Lola giggles "Sonic in this movie don't have parents" "oooooh!" Dash breathed "right!"

"so who's playing Baby Sonic if you're not playing as him, Dash?" Zero asked in a confused way.

"my younger cousin, Daniel" Dash Said with a grumble "he don't really know how to speak because he's diagnosed with Asburger's, but Steve chose him. so here is now, A early actor."

"Asburgers? Sounds like a bad word!" Zero joked, trying to make it less "PG-13" as he can.

"Yeah" Dash giggles, understanding the teenager joke "It does"

As the three were talking........

A large bang was heard. Zero's ears perked up as he, Lola and Dash looked at the direction where the bang came from. "Z-Zero? L-Lola?" Dash trembled in fear "W-What was that?" "oh no...." Zero gasped as he took off his coffee hat and zoomed to the theatre as fast as he can. But when he got there, his heart was shattered into a million pieces as he witnessed Dominic, his friend and pretty much brother figure, on the ground in a pool of dark Red liquid. Zero knew that it was his blood.