Chapter 4: New Job

Zero's Pov

It was his First day at work and Zero was excited yet nervous at the same time. What if everyone will hate him? what if he accidentally embarrasses him or Dominic right in front of everyone? Thoughts flow through Zero's mind all through out the drive to the filming set. But when they got there, Zero got even more nervous. Even though he tried to keep his cool, he felt his powers streaming down his body as he slowly but surely walked inside the building.

"Morning Steve!" Dominic said to the director "ah, morning Dom!" Said the director as he turns to him "how are your days off?" " pretty good" Dominic replied cheerfully "and I brought a friend here who would like to work with us" Zero knew that Dominic was talking about him as he hid behind him in shyness.

As Zero slowly popped his head from behind Dom's back he saw the director smile changed into a bit of a scowl when he saw him. "what is his name" the director asked Dom seriously. Zero lets out a small gulp "hey there!" He stuttered "M-My name is Z-Zero!" "I'm Sorry" Dominic said with a chuckle as Zero took cover behind him "he's shy" "He's shy you say" the director asked, his dark brown eyes were still glaring down at Zero "well he looks like a homeless!" "I......." Zero stutters even more in fear "I j-just came to s-s-sign in as c-c-c-coffee boy. T-That's all." "And I gotta tell ya!" Dom kicked in "he's REALLY good at it!"

The director still keeps his scowl at Zero as he checks his watch on his right hand which was darker then his left. Zero smiles slightly knowing that he has a full hand birthmark..... just like him, but Zero's full hand birthmark was white like the edgy black cat from Warrior Cat, A book series that Zero used to read but decided to quit after the book 'The last hope'. Zero Is pretty embarrassed about his birthmark so he covers both hands with white gloves to Cover everything up, but because his birthmark was so big, only a small creek of white fur was shown on his right arm.

"Ok" the director spoke in a booming voice "Prove it!" Those words sent shivers down Zero's spine but the small hedgehog stood tall as he began to scowl back at him. "Fine." He said "I'll prove it!"

"Good!" The director smeared.

Dom just gulped in nervousness as Zero and the director glare at each other.

"Now..." Zero began "how much sugar and cream?"

"A large double double pls!"

"ok!"

As he said it, Zero ran around the place and got all the ingredients for a nice brewed coffee. When he was done, he gave it to the director and stood next to Dom and twiddle his fingers anxiously. But when the director Just looked at the coffee he noted his head in impression of the swirl design on top. But when he tasted it he couldn't stop drinking it because it was so good.

After he was finished his coffee he turns to Zero who was beginning to sweat like a pig. "I gotta tell ya" The director began "this is the best coffee ever tasted in my life. You're hired!" Those two last words sent a zap of excitement in Zero's body as he ran around the room with happiness. Dominic just smiles at him, happy that his new friend was happy.

Timeskip

After getting hired for coffee boy, Zero was so happy that he finally got a job after 2 years. Anyways, when Zero was about to begin his first shift, he felt a small tug on his fur. He looks down and saw a small baby hedgehog with sectional heterochromia eyes. He was pretty much 6 years old but his smile was as wide of his.

"Hi sir!" Said the baby hedgehog "you must be the new Coffee Guy! right?" "I am!" Zero smiled, his Heterochromia eyes glistened with his warm gaze "and what's your name, kid?" "The name's Dash" The baby hedgehog smiles in a cheerful way as he introduced himself "Dash the hedgehog! And you?" "I'm Zero!" Zero replied "it's nice to meet you, Dash!"