issue nine: third fundamental law reinstated

Time stopped. The universe held its breath for us.

His eyes flitted to my lips, burning with an unmistakable desire that made my insides turn to mulch. Electricity crackled between us. His hand reached my face, stroking my bottom lip with his thumb and pulling it gently. I was mesmerized by his eyes, his mouth, his warmth so close to me.

"Nico..." he whispered and slowly leaned towards me. I couldn't breathe. My lungs constricted. My stomach twisting into uncomfortable, nervous knots. My heart hammered almost painfully as his mouth came closer to mine. I shut my eyes, anticipating his lips.

No jalapeno today. I couldn't even remember what I had eaten. I couldn't remember anything as his lips found mine.

He kissed me, and I combusted on the spot.

The kiss was tender, soft and still hungry. His hand knotted in my hair, pulling me closer. The kiss became hot, wild. Our mouths opened against each other as I gasped. His warm breath morphed into mine, setting my senses on fire. My brain froze for a second before I slowly tried to regain myself.

He sucked on my bottom lip, pulling it gently as his tongue traced it. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. I didn't know where to put my hands. Do I touch his face? His shoulders? His back? Lower?

Before I could figure out what to do, his phone rang.

His mouth left mine and my heart sunk as he reached into his pocket, fishing his phone out. My lips craved for his again, still tingling with the intense heat. He sighed when he saw the phone screen.

"Who...is it?" I asked hesitantly, my heart's pounding audible in my ears.

"Kendra," his eyes clouded over as he answered.

For a second, I wondered if she had a radar to know any time I was with him. With a jolt I realized he was cheating on her. With me. My heart sank and I started to move away from under him. However, I watched, stunned as he pressed the button on his phone, silencing it and throwing it on the mattress.

"Wil-?" I began, puzzled. Before I could finish, I found his lips on mine, moving with renewed fervour. I was too stunned to react before my lips moved against his on its own accord. His tongue entered my mouth as I gasped again, the heat between us sweltering.

His hand reached mine and placed it on his shoulder, guiding me to touch him. I could hardly believe what was happening when he parted my legs, hooking them around his waist as he kissed me hungrily. He moved closer to me, fitting his body snugly against mine. I was stunned at how perfect it felt.

I was breathless, but air seemed secondary. His mouth was hot, wet, soft, eager. His lips left mine, trailing along my jaw and to my ear. "Fuck...Nico..."

He nibbled my earlobe as my insides melted. I couldn't think coherently, having to remind myself to breathe. His hot breath tickled my ear, sending shockwaves through my body. His mouth was so hot against my feverish skin. His tongue snaked out to lick the spot below my ear as I shuddered in anticipation, gasping.

"Wilder..." I whispered as he leaned back to look at me, his lips glistening. His eyes burned with what I could only assume to be lust.

He leaned over me again, whispering against my mouth. I shivered slightly at the tickling of his hot breath. "Get on top of me."

I couldn't make sense of what was happening. It was a dream, but I didn't want to wake. He grabbed my waist and turned around so he lay on his back. He pulled me on top of him so I was straddling him and our mouths found each other again with ravenous hunger.