BONUS: Wilder POV

Bonus chapter! This idea was given by bestwaffle1125 and QueenArtermis. Thank you!

This chapter takes place when Nico confesses to Wilder for the first time ever after he returns from his first date. It's also their last interaction for almost two years before Wilder kisses him at the party lol 

Enjoy! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilder pov: rise and fall 

He hadn't called. 

I cursed under my breath and slipped my phone back into my pocket. It was late. Almost seven and the heavy rain a few hours ago had driven most people inside the cosy comfort of their homes. The streets were covered with a shimmering sheen of water over which the bright lights from the streetlamps reflected off gaily. It was a clear night, the clouds finally paving way for the starlight to shine. 

"Would you like to get some ice cream?"

I pushed my hands deeper into my pocket when Kiara spoke from beside me. We were walking back after a horrifyingly awkward date at Brewed and I couldn't wait to get away from her. I had been stupid to ask her out of everyone else. She was really cool and fun and a close friend of mine and my awkward ass date had possibly effectively ruined that friendship. 

Now I had two options. Either to date her or leave the damn country. 

"Er... no, I...I kind of have a sore throat," I gave an awkward cough for good measure and smiled apologetically at her. Her dark eyes were shining under the dim lights, her dark curly hair cascading around her heart-shaped face. Kiara Daniels was really pretty and I honestly liked her. However, I felt a weird sensation in my heart the entire time that we had been on our date. Like I was doing something wrong. 

She smiled at me. "That's okay. It's really cold anyway."

I nodded fervently, trying to pick up my pace. I suddenly felt her fingers brush against my hand as she gently pulled it out of my pocket and grasped it firmly. I gulped, too nervous and scared to refuse. She clearly thought I liked her. Just because I had flirted with her and invited her on a date shouldn't make her think I like her.

I mean maybe it kinda did.

I let her hold my hand as she picked up her pace as well. I couldn't understand. Were we dating now? What would change anyway? 

"I need to go there," she said when we reached a T-point and pointed to the right. I let out a sharp breath, thankful that our paths were finally separating. I removed my hand slowly from hers. I nodded and smiled at her, grateful that the most awkward date in history was finally over. 

She grinned and shook her head. "I know this was probably awkward but for what its worth, I really did enjoy,"

I gaped at her, a rush of gratitude overwhelming me. I felt relieved that she was making this easier even though it was her first date as well. I managed to give her a soft smile. "Thanks. You're awesome you know?"

She grinned wider. "I know."

I watched as she rose to her tiptoes and kissed me. I felt too shocked to do anything except close my eyes. Even though my heart catapulted to a hundred miles an hour, I did like the feel of her soft lips on mine. Her scent was like coffee mixed with a sophisticated floral perfume that I couldn't quite place. My stomach knotted in anxiety when she finally leaned back, her eyes overbright and cheeks flaming. The kiss had lasted mere seconds, little more than just a brush of lips, but I still felt like I had run a hundred miles an hour.