forty-three : a year has passed

kyungiegram098 posted a picture !

♡ 2,449,299  💬1,482,073kyungiegram098  one year later, I'm doing so much better

kyungiegram098  one year later, I'm doing so much better. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
View all comments...
hyunjinn.n  happy 22th birthday!! YOU'RE BECOMING OLDDDDD
Jesus.  Omg grandma 🤧 happy birthday, love!
chae.rimm20  happy birthday, mom 😝

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hyekyung hugs her son who is now 6 years old. Railey has grown taller and more focused on music but still hasn't forgotten about Hyekyung.

It is now 2021.

Yes, one year has passed and Hyekyung has only been keeping in touch with the boys, talking to them, sometimes meeting up with them.

Hyekyung who is now 23 has finally legally adopted Railey as her own son and she feels like it couldn't get better than that.

"Mommy, after my lessons, can we celebrate your birthday!?" Railey asks, his eyes sparkling and his smile wider than ever.

Hyekyung chuckles and nodded.

"We are gonna celebrate mommy's birthday with uncle Hyunjin and aunt Chaerim." She kisses his forehead and Railey jumps, excited.

"We're gonna celebrate mommy's birthday! It's mommy's birthday! YAYYYY!" He starts to jump around, making Al and Thea join him. Hyekyung just laughs at the wholesome sight in front of her.

She heard the doorbell and Railey stops jumping. Hyekyung was about to go to the door until Railey raced her to it.

"I will get it since I want mommy to feel like a princess today!!!" Railey says, his feet on toes to reach the lock on the door.

When he finally reached it, he unlocks it and opens the door, jumping into the arms of Hyunjin.

"Ye-ah! You're excited today. I'll guess why, hmmm.... it's your mom's birthday!" Hyunjin says, his voice loud and Raileg nodded.

"Happy birthday, love. Don't forget the celebration later. See you~" Chaerim hugs her and they soon left the floor where her apartment is.

Hyekyung smiles and went back to her apartment, locking the doors. She sits down on the sofa, her eyes landing on her open window.

It was just morning and the sun is shining brighter than ever. She gets up from the sofa, walking towards the window.

She peeks her head out, feeling the spring breeze of 2021. She smiles softly, feeling the warmth of the sun embracing her all around.

She turns her head, seeing her vase of sunflowers which Railey is obsessed taking care of.

She felt herself chuckle before looking out of the window again. She closes her eyes, her warmth coming back to her. She felt better and happier now.

"I'm back to being the sunflower I was before." She muttered, hearing her dogs playing behind her.

She turns around, petting Al and Thea who is now ¾ of her height if they try to stand up.

"You both have grown up so much~ but that's life, we all grow up eventually." She laughs, her two dogs licking her hand, hinting her that they're trying to say 'I love you' and 'thank you' to her.

"I love you too." She kisses both of them, going to her room.

She stops her tracks, staring at her newly decorated room. She painted the walls baby blue and added clouds with Railey as a fun project.

She has to admit that 2020 was hard for her, not only her but for everyone. The only thing she could do is pray and hope that everything will be fine in the future.

Every bad thing happening will go away, even though it won't be the same as before, it will go away.

Sadness, pain, anger, loneliness... it will disappear. 

It is now 2021 and she has never felt better again.

She grabs her phone, checking for any messages. She smiles, receiving a lot of birthday greetings from people.

She only meets up with the boys, hanging out with them sometimes but messages them most of the time.

She takes a deep breather, grabbing some casual clothes from her closet before changing into them.

She fixes her hair and puts some makeup on until she gets a message. She takes her phone, checking the message she got.

「________ wants to send you a message !」

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

*NOT PROOFREAD, I'M SORRY*

It's finally ending omg-

Also, it is now 2021 since one year has passed in this story, if you're confused.