● A Killer Comeback ●

Her short breaths push against the sounds of the rain drops, mixing in with the dull thud of her heart that's racing inside the small cavity of her chest, pleading for more oxygen to keep it going as she runs deep into the dark alley. 

She doesn't know where she is or where she is going, all that matters is that she keeps running, hoping that by some miracle, she can make it out alive by the end of the night.

Her clothes cling to her body, drenched and wet from the rain, and her bare feet freeze against the cold concrete, her heels long forgotten, and for a good reason too.

It would have caused too much noise, attracting the psycho who is currently chasing her with a knife.

It all started in a bar just a few blocks from where she currently is. She was drinking alone, a glass of wine in one hand and the torn picture of her ex lover in the other.

Her mascara painted lines down her cheeks, giving way that she was crying over her ex who she had caught cheating on her with some other woman.

Its a typical sob story of a woman drowning her broken heart in a glass of cheap wine at a bar. Typical, but perfect to prey upon.

She drank and she drank until the world around her became a mirage, making her forget about her problems, but also, making her unaware of the predator watching her from afar.

He was watching her the entire time, tucked into a dark corner of  the bar, his face hidden within the shadows of his hood, only exposing that charming smile that can draw in warmth from even the coldest of nights.

He approached her with that smile, and just like the others, she fell for it.

They struck up a conversation, his hand slid onto her leg, she pushed her shoulder against his, and after a few more drinks, she found herself in the back alley of the bar, with his lips upon hers and his hands roaming all over her body.

Things escalated from there, and no, he didn't take his dick out.

Instead he took out his knife.

And she screamed.

And she ran.

And he fucking loved it.

The thrill of chasing his victims gets him off, especially the helpless look on their faces as they run, not knowing that they are running straight to their deaths.

Currently she is running down a narrow path between the buildings, having to find herself lost within the back streets of some run down neighborhood. Clearly she is in the wrong side of town.

"Here kitty, kitty....why don't you come and play with me?" The mans voice echoes through the area, cutting through her like a knife and leaving her fears to bleed through her skin, causing goosebumps to arise.

She covers her mouth to prevent a sob from escaping and hides behind a large dumpster near an ally entrance. It's not the best of places since it smells horrible, but it keeps her out of his sight.

Through the haze of the rain, she watches as the man approaches, his face still hidden except for his mouth which still adorns that taunting smile.

"I had a kitten like you once. Feisty and very resistant." The man stops in front of the dumpster, still looking around for her. "He was a mean son of a bitch, but I loved him very much." He pauses, and the frantic beating of her heart is the only sound, other than the rain, that gives its reply.

"My kitten and I loved to play together, we practically had a fucking party." He moans, she retracts in disgust as she sees him palm himself through his jeans.