● Jung Siblings ●

One year ago

"Runaway with me."

Hoseok's hand slips, time seemingly slows down, and everything around Yoongi becomes a blur as his eyes focus on Hoseok falling further and further away until he disappears within the raging waters of the abyss below.

As soon as Hoseok's body hits the freezing cold water, the currents wrap around him and drag him under, pulling him further and further away from Yoongi.

With a broken nose, it was impossible to breathe, which made Hoseok gasp loudly, forcing all that water down his throat and choking him until he eventually faints.

The roar of the currents scraping his body through the waters, and the thunderous beating of his heart were the only sounds that echoed in his head, but eventually they faded away, leaving nothing but the silent mutters of Hoseok's inner demons to lay him to rest.

Even so, the voices of his inner demons eventually dispersed, no longer interested in the broken man who was drifting among the abyss, thus leaving him to float alone within the void of his mind in silence.

His body was taken by the currents to the bridge that overlooked the harbor, where a group of Med students were out enjoying the nice fresh air by a park and studying for exams.

Dawon was sitting by the river side, her steady gaze focused on the text book in her lap, trying hard to memorize formulas and all that complicated shit they teach you in chemistry.

She had just moved from Gwangju to Seoul to finish her nursing degree, as well as start her new job at the university hospital. It was supposed to be a restart for her, a change from the mundane life she lived back in Gwangju.

Ever since her brother disappeared, Dawon has made it her mission to become help people just like Hoseok. People who suffered through traumas and can't find a way out of their misery.

In a way, it gives her a sense of closure for not being able to help Hoseok.

Unable to concentrate on her studies, Dawon shuts the book and puts it aside, no longer in the mood to deal with complicated formulas.

Instead she sets her gaze upon the river before her, watching as the tranquil currents drift along the river bed.

Until her eyes stop at a body floating face up near the edge of the river. 

Dawon's entire body tenses up, the urge to scream just a breath away. But she gathers her courage and goes over to investigate the body, already taking her cellphone out to call the ambulance.

Just as the phone operator answers, Dawon gets a close up look at the person, and screams.

"HOSEOK!!"

This had to be faith playing a sick joke on her. Literally she was just thinking about her brother, and there he was, floating among the waters like a dead fish.

Dawon rushes to her brother's side, dropping the phone onto the ground, with the operators voice in the background asking her what is wrong.

She pulls Hoseok out of the water and inspects his body, seeing all the numerous bruises and scratches, the most noticeable being his broken nose that was oozing out blood.

"Oh god, what happened to you?!" Her voice is shrill, to the point where it cracks as she touches his neck for a pulse.

But finds none.

"NO! I refuse to lose you again!" Dawon sobs loudly, gaining the attention of her classmates that came to her aid when they heard her scream.

They ask her what was wrong, until they saw Hoseok's body, which startled them all. Only one was smart enough to call the ambulance while the others silently watched Dawon administer CPR to Hoseok.