● Played ●

There is always that one moment in life you'll never forget.

That one moment that stands out the most like a light in the darkness, and for Yoongi, it was the moment Hoseok has slipped from his grasp.

Yoongi couldn't sleep that night, with Hoseok plaguing his thoughts, taunting him with images of their final moments together.

He is sitting on his couch, a glass of whisky in one hand, the picture of Hoseok in the other. It's well past nine o'clock in the morning, with the sun making its morning routine and the daily ambiance picking up from where it left off yesterday.

Yoongi's body was physically tired, yet his mind refuses to let him sleep.

"Have you ever been so emotionally drained, that you can't even bring yourself to cry?"

This was a memory from when they were together.

Both are laying side by side on Hoseok's bed, with their sweaty bodies compressed so tightly together that not even the rays of the moonlight spilling into the room could break through them.

Yoongi stares at Hoseok, listening to his question but not paying much attention because he was lost within the maze of Hoseok's face, winding his way along the sharp edge of Hoseok's jawline, up his immaculately clear skin, around that pretty curved nose and finally stopping at those almond shaped eyes which glimmers with the reflection of the moonlight behind Yoongi, casting an angelic glow upon Hoseok's face.

"I have." Yoongi finally answers after a few beats, still lost in Hoseok's eyes. Fuck, he is so damn pretty to look at, like a pretty rose among the thorns.

"It sucks, because once you reach that point, your body numbs itself to prevent you from feeling any more emotional pain, but that's the worst it can do, because even if it numbs you, the pain is still there, burrowed deep within your very fucking soul, plaguing it until it can't take it anymore and breaks. But since your body is numb, you don't realize it until its too late."

Yoongi chuckles. "That's a mood."

Hoseok pokes Yoongi's arm, his lips compress into a triangular pout. "I'm being serious Yoongi."

"I know you are baby." Yoongi says, swiping his large hand along Hoseok's waist, then up his chest, feeling the thumps of Hoseok's heart under the pads of his fingers.

"But why are you suddenly telling me all this?" He asks, shifting his hands along Hoseok's neck, softly gliding his thumb along the curve of Hoseok's cheek.

"I just wanted to know if you ever felt that way too. Because I didn't want to believe I was the only one." Hoseok closes his eyes, inhaling slowly as he feels Yoongi's large hand slide behind his neck and up into his hair, massaging his scalp gently.

The gesture reminded him of his sister when he was young, and how she would lay with him and massage his head until he fell asleep.

"I have felt that way for a very, very long time. Sometimes my body won't even numb itself anymore, perhaps it had gotten tired and broken from my own emotional pain." Yoongi whispers, gently removing his hand from Hoseok's hair and bring it back along Hoseok's neck again.

"I felt that way too for a while, until I met you." Hoseok whispers, slowly opening his eyes and meeting Yoongi's soft gaze.

Yoongi draws in what Hoseok just said to him, pulling his lips back into a grin. "You're  getting soft on me again." He says, but he wasn't complaining at all.