● Broken Connection ●

"We identified the body that was found last night. Victim's name was Woo Minyeon. Not much is known about her other than she worked at an office building and lives alone."

Solar slaps down a file with the victims info and the pictures from the crime scene onto Namjoon's already messy desk.

It has been two days since the murder, and another victim to add to the already growing list that's been stacking up since the last few months.

"Did you find a motive of why she was at a bar across town from where she lived?" Namjoon questions, sweeping back his brown hair out of his face and leaning into the desk, resting one palm on the surface with the other now tucked into his pocket. 

Solar nods, her finger poking down on the files she just gave to him.

"A family member went to the morgue to identify the body. They said she had just broken up with her boyfriend of three years, apparently he was cheating."

Namjoon hums as he opens up the files and scans through the contents, then takes out the crime scene photos, his face stoic as he looks at the graphic pictures of the victim's body.

"We need to bring him in for questioning."

"Already have that done. Detective Kang and the newbie, Vernon, are on their way to get him." Solar informs, tucking a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear then crossing her arms over her chest, shifting her posture as she leans on the desk.

"We also spoke to the bar owner who last saw her. Says she left with an unknown male. He couldn't identify him because the man was wearing a hood and his face was well hidden."

Namjoon finishes analyzing the files, noticing a statement from the bar owner that night is exactly what Solar is talking about.

"He could be the murderer. If she was killed in an alley near the bar, there had to have been cctv cameras watching."

"Already have that taken care of. We gathered recordings from three cctv cameras in the area where she was murdered. But it's still in process so you'll have to wait until I'm done."

With that said, Namjoon closes the files and slumps his body onto his leather chair, already rubbing at his temples as he feels his stress wavering into his muscles, making them tense.

These mysterious cases have been appearing for the last three months. All murders, either they have been stabbed, beaten, or choked to death. They can't say for sure that its' a serial killer since there isn't a pattern, (the victims varied from male or female, and different ages) and they can't pin point it as only one person either. since the deaths but they can't rule that idea out just yet. 

"Great job Solar. Once we get the results from the cctv footage, hopefully we'll be able to identify the murderer." Namjoon slides the files back to her.

"Hopefully." She says, taking the files in hand. "Oh, before I go, I wanted to tell you that Yoongi is doing alright, and we had a good time at the club the other night."

"That's great." Namjoon says with a smile, relived that Yoongi is doing well. "Thank you for looking out for him."

"No prob." Solar nods, then takes her leave. As soon as she's gone, Namjoon opens the bottom drawn to his desk and takes out Yoongi's badge. He still kept it, even after Yoongi quit.

They haven't talked in over a year since the incident with Jung Hoseok. The first few months was hard for Namjoon, with his feelings for Yoongi gnawing at him, constantly reminding him that what they once had is no more.

So he set aside his feelings for Yoongi in a small chest and buried it deep into his heart, never to unearth it again. He kept himself focused on his work, and also his current boyfriend, Kim Seokjin.