Delta x Reader

(After Rise, before Sparking/Surge)

You watched as Dante tried to hug Arman for about the fourth time today. They just had a battle and Dante was asking Arman for another one. Poor guy, you sighed. Dante should come with a clinginess warning label. You couldn't blame the guy though, hugs were nice to give and receive. You slightly chuckled as Arman accepted Dante's challenge once again. Then, Delta walked up to you.

"That kid sure is a handful" he said.

"Sure is" you agreed. You looked at him and smiled which made him blush the smallest of blushes.

"I'm going out for a walk, wanna come?" Delta offered. You were taken aback, but accepted. You walked outside with Delta while Arman smiled as he readied his bey and launcher, preparing for another battle with Dante. He knew you two liked each other, even if Delta was pretty cool and collected. Arman could only hope you two would finally confess to each other. You walked with Delta in a comfortable silence while sneaking very subtle glances at him. Apparently they weren't subtle enough as he caught onto your thing going on.

"Are you waiting for me to say something?" he teased.

"No" you said with your arms across your chest.

"Then you think I'm attractive"

"What makes you think that?"

"You keep looking at me"

"Yeah so?"

"Why do you keep looking at me otherwise?"

"Because I want to"

"There's no real reason to it?"

"No" you lied. You knew Delta would see right through that.

"So now you're lying to me?" he smirked. He loved teasing you, it was one of his favorite things to do.

"Yes"

"Thought so"

"Although I'd be lying if I said you weren't attractive" you quickly covered your mouth after you realized what you said.

"W-wait I-" before you could finish your sentence you felt a pressure on your lips. Your eyes widened at the sight of Delta kissing you. You heart skipped so many beats as you melted into the kiss. You put your left hand on his shoulder as he wrapped his right arm around your waist. With your other arms you two locked hands and deepened the kiss. You felt like you were in a dream.

On the other hand, Valt and Aiger decided to visit the Victories since it's been a while since they've all reunited. Though, on the way there, they saw you and Delta having your moment. Valt smiled while Aiger smirked. Valt knew about Delta's crush on you since when he was repairing Devolos. Delta kept thinking and talking about you and Drum the whole time.

"So, it finally happened, huh?" Valt asked.

"Yeah" Aiger responded. The two looked at each other, then decided not to invade and kept walking. Buuuuuut not before Valt snapped a picture-

Eventually, you two had to pull apart for air. Damn air. Breathing was, unfortunately, a necessity to survive. You guys leaned your foreheads together and released your grips on one another. You two regained your breath as you looked into each other's eyes. Expecting a smirk and a mischievous look in his eyes, you were met with eyes filled with sincerity, love and compassion accompanied by a genuine smile.

"I love you (Name), even though I tease you a lot." He looked away. You could see the evident blush on his face which sprung a blush of your own.

"If it wasn't obvious enough, I love you too Delta." This made Delta engulf you into a hug which you immediately returned.

"Y'know, I never expected something like this from you. You're so chill and you don't really express affection. But I'm glad I got to experience it." You smiled.

"Only for you" He grabbed your hand. "Let's head back"

"Yeah, let's go." You talked to Delta about anything and everything that came to your mind, with Delta listening and making occasional comments. You even managed to make him chuckle a couple of times, which you were quite proud of, for the record.

Delta opened the door and you two entered the building hand in hand. Arman grinned so wide you could've sworn you felt his jaw's pain. Drum ran up to you guys and engulfed you both in a hug, happy that you guys returned. You don't even think he noticed the intertwined fingers. Delta smiled at Dante's oblivious nature while Taka and Ichika smiled at the new couple. Valt greeted you both with a wave while Aiger had a huge smirk plastered on his face. They didn't even have time to say congrats before Dante came up to you all.

"(Name)!! Battle me! I haven't seen you for a couple of hours!" Delta let go of your hand as you were being pulled to the stadium. Delta laughed at the interaction while you were calling back to him for help. Delta just shrugged and turned to Valt and Aiger.

"Congrats," Valt said.

"Yeah, you two are cute" Aiger added. Delta glanced at you battling with Drum then looked back at the boys in front of him.

"Thanks." Suddenly, Valt held up his phone to show Delta.

"Look at my new wallpaper." He said. Delta did as he was told and looked at the phone. Guess what it was, the picture of you and Delta kissing. Delta quickly took the phone with a shocked face and hid it close to his chest so no one else saw. Delta blushed madly while Valt and Aiger laughed at his antics. None of them realized your match was soon over and you returned to the group once again.

"Delta, why do you have Valt senpai's phone?" you questioned. Delta froze up as Aiger laughed even harder at the situation at hand.

"N-nothing." Delta said as he held the phone closer to his chest.

"You stuttered and you're blushing, so it's obviously something. Plus you gripped the phone tighter. It's something that you don't want me to see.

"It's something I don't want anyone to see."

You tried taking the phone from him but to no avail. He kept dodging you until you managed to catch him. You gave him a quick peck on the nose which caught him off guard. You took the phone out of his hands and looked at the phone. Valt's phone then lit up and showed the background. You blushed madly as you returned the phone to its owner. Aiger was uncontrollably laughing at your reaction to the photo and found it funny how you mumbled an "I see what you mean now, Delta" before asking Dante to battle you once again to recover from the embarrassment. This was definitely day you would never forget and Delta was glad that you returned his feelings for real, despite his teasing earlier in the day. He loved you, and you loved him. The cutest pair in Japan.