Hikaru Asahi (school au) Pt. 3

Key:
(c/n): chick name

It's been about 6 days since your science teacher assigned the project with the chicks. Everyday, Hikaru came over your house, and you guys would work on any homework that you had. By now the egg was almost hatched. There was a huge crack across it, though the chick wasn't ready to hatch just yet.

Today was another ordinary day. You got up, got ready for school, picked up (f/n) and met the brothers at the gates of the school. Though this time, instead of Hikaru kissing your forehead like he usually does, he lifted your chin and pecked your lips. You blushed madly as he took the incubator from your hands, since you had it for the night.

"Wow, (Name). Look! It's almost hatching!" He said. You could tell he was really excited. It was like watching your kid say their first word. Or better yet, your child being born.

"Yeah! It should be hatching any moment now, so we have to be on guard so we can take the chick out of the incubator when needed." you said.

"Mhm" he responded, staring in awe at the nearly hatched egg. You just chuckled at him.

"Woah look at that!" Hyuga said. "You guys are gonna be parents soon! Probably today!"

"Hyuga! We're not parents!" Hikaru fired.

"Yet" (f/n) chimed in. You giggled as Hikaru blushed and held the incubator protectively. You took the incubator from his hands as you started to walk away, heading to your first period class.

Hikaru snapped out of his trance and caught up with you as he grabbed your shoulder, making you face him. Then he placed a light butterfly kiss on your forehead and ran the opposite way, calling out to you.

"I'll see you in math!" He waved. You giggled and waved back with your free hand.

"See ya!"

You entered your first period class and sat down, the incubator sitting in your lap comfortably. Everyone was used to it by now, but you would still get a few glances here and there. You were in the middle of doing your work from the class when someone walked in the room. They handed papers to the teacher but you were too focused to look up. That was, until the person stole the incubator from your lap. You almost got up and tackled the person until you saw a flash of blue hair and recognized the person. It was none other than your beloved boyfriend.

"Someone got defensive" Hikaru teased.

"What are you doing here?" you whispered to him.

"I had to drop off papers from my teacher to yours. More like volunteered. I'm gonna hold onto the incubator until lunch." He whispered back. He put his hand on yours as a reassuring gesture before walking out of the classroom and walking back to his own.

After he left you playfully rolled your eyes, which the teacher caught. He just shook his head with a smile on his face. You went back to doing your work until the period was over. The bell rang, you got your stuff, and went to your next class. It was nice having (f/n)'s company as usual. You guys would whisper and pass notes during class. Obviously the teachers noticed, either they just didn't care or they let you have your fun. One of the two.

Anyways, lunch time rolls around.

"LUNCHHHHHH, the best period of the day~" (f/n) sang.

"If it's even considered a period" you sweat dropped.

(f/n) saw Hyuga sitting at the lunch table with Hikaru already, so they ran up to the two and parked it right next to Hyuga, as usual. You, on the other hand, took your sweet time and sat next to Hikaru, who was holding the incubator with both hands. You smiled and leaned into his shoulder.