Free x Neko!Reader

Sparking Free was requested by Carly_Cake

You were walking around in the woods during the day with a black hood on and black baggy pants. You didn't want to get caught by anyone, otherwise you would be tested for experiments and what not. And that was something you absolutely dreaded. So you did your best to avoid contact with everyone and hide your ears and tail.

You wouldn't admit it to anyone, but you were lost in the forest. It was rare to find anyone here, except upon wandering, you stumbled across an old stadium. There was no one there so you decided to investigate it. Your (e/c) eyes scanned the stadium and you noticed it had been used a lot before. The scratches that covered the stadium floor and the fading of the colored lines proved your suspicion.  

Suddenly, your ears caught on to someone walking towards you, footsteps light but within earshot. You backed away in fear.

"Who are you?" the voice sounded dull and empty. You turned to see a boy with golden hair and a red streak in the front. His eyes looked dull as well, almost like he was bored out of his mind.

"I- I-" you stuttered, trying to get the words out.

"Free!" you heard a younger boy call out in the distance. The boy glanced back at the direction of the voice then looked at you again.

"Hang on" he said. Then he walked away, probably going to where the voices were. You looked around at the stadium one more time before a deer came around out of nowhere. It startled you a bit, but you calmed down as it walked up to you.

Since you were a neko, you've always been close to others cats and nature in general. The deer allowed you to pet it after warming up to you fairly quickly. It seemed like you were petting the deer for hours, which actually was the case. You looked up at the sky and saw it was getting dark. There was also a small breeze, signifying the sun was beginning to hide under the horizon. You wondered when the blonde haired boy would come back.

Just as the thought of Free crossed your mind, your ears perked up once again as you heard the same footsteps as before. You tensed up again, but calmed ever so slightly as you saw the same boy from before coming into view.

"You're still here" he said. His head leaned to the left a little bit.

"Y-yeah I am"

"Good" was all he said before he walked up to the worn out stadium.

"Do you beyblade?" he asked.

"Yeah I do, this is (b/n)" you said as you retrieved (b/n) from your pocket.

"Battle me" Man, he was very straightforward.

"O-okay" you went to the other side of the stadium and got your launcher ready.

"3...2...1...let it rip"

You both launched your beys in the stadium at the same time. (B/n) raced around the stadium as Fafnir took the center.

"Make this worth while, prove to me that I made the right choice of using my launcher instead of my hand" he said. You looked at him in shock, then recovered as you realized that you had to show him how strong you were. (Sorry I'm not good at writing battles lmao)

"(B/n), let's go!"

(B/n) gave a mirage of powerful attacks, trapping Fafnir. Although, it didn't do much since Fafnir was a left spin bey. It absorbed (b/n)'s power extremely slowly, but you knew that it would run out of stamina sooner or later.

On the other hand, Free was surprised at how strong you were. He didn't expect a free roaming blader like you to be so skilled. With that, he decided to give it his all, after realizing Fafnir was running low on power. You also gave it your all, both of you wanting to finish this with a strong blow.