A Job with the Raijinshuu

It took us longer than we had hoped to get back to the guildhall. We got lost, had to eat winged fish, and had to fight a village that had turned into a bunch of monsters. Natsu pulled me aside and asked me why I had chosen to destroy the Lullaby flute. I explained that it would have turned into a Demon, and we would have taken out the meeting hall, resulting in Erza being arrested.

He complained about not being able to fight a giant demon, but in the end, he agreed it was probably for the best.

When we got back, I went straight to my house and took a shower. I changed into a dark blue tank top and short purple shorts before climbing into bed to take a nap.

I had gotten maybe three hours of sleep before Laxus barged into my house and dragged me out of bed. "Hey!" I shouted, kicking him. "You're lucky I was wearing clothes, you know."

He ignored me and turned away. "Get up, we're going on a job," He said.

I glared at him from the floor. "I was planning on watching Erza and Natsu fight," I told him, getting up.

"You need to stop spending so much time with those weaklings," He told me sneering. "They'll only hold you back."

I rolled my eyes and wrote a note. 'Going on a job with the Raijinshuu. Be back soon.'

"Why do you bother to write them a note?" Laxus growled. "They can take care of themselves."

I rolled my eyes and put on some black hiking boots. "I like to let them know they can count on me to be around when they need me," I retorted. "Unlike you, I try to make friends with the other members of the guild." When he didn't answer, I scoffed and walked out the door, locking it behind Laxus. I placed the note on the door and followed Laxus to the rest of the Raijinshuu.

"Glad you could join us, Sparky," Bickslow said, sticking his tongue out.

"Yes," Evergreen added, waving her fan over her face. "I was beginning to think you hated us."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't hate you," I said. "I just like spending time with the others." When they didn't respond, I sighed. "What is the job we're doing, anyway?"

"A band of thieves have been harassing Shirotsume and has requested some assistance," Freed said calmly. "The reward can be split evenly, giving us 200,000 jewel each."

I raised my eyes. "That's a lot of jewel for a simple band of thieves."

"That's why I decided to have you join us," Laxus said, while Bickslow went to rent us a ride. "It would be a good idea to have some extra muscle."

I nodded. "Alright," I walked over to the carriage Bickslow rented. "We have a long ride ahead of us, and we should go." I climbed in and waited for the others. Laxus, Freed, and Evergreen climbed inside, and Bickslow took the first driving shift. I settled down and drifted off to sleep as we took off. It had been a long day, and I was tired.

Five hours later, Laxus woke me up. The animal was tired, and Evergreen was hungry. I would be hunting and preparing the animals, Laxus would be gathering firewood, Freed would be cooking, and Evergreen would be taking care of the animal. Bickslow would be running security. Or at least, that's what he said. Personally, I figured he just needed to stretch his legs. I caught two deer, two rabbits, and a rainbow trout. The deer were for Laxus and me, the rabbits were for Bickslow and Freed, and the fish was for Evergreen. Being in this world made me hungrier for some reason. I figured it was because I had a lot of magic power, and it needed more fuel than usual. Bickslow managed to find some vegetables, and we managed to make a decent meal.