Edolas pt 4

"Wakey, wakey, Little Demon," A voice said in the darkness. Alex groaned and opened her eyes. Axel was standing over her, grinning maliciously. "Good, you're awake. I was beginning to think you were going to sleep through the fun part."

"Who are you?" Alex demanded. "And where am I?" She looked up at her arms to find them chained to a wall; her wrists were held in anti-magic cuffs, and she was no longer in her demon form.

"The king wanted you separated from your friends," Axel said, grinning. "Your Dragon Slayer friend is going to be drained of his magic for a little project the King wants. And that other girl is to be executed."

'At least Natsu and Wendy are safe. I'll have to do something for Lucy and Erik to make up for getting them caught later.' "And what are you planning to do with me?" Alex challenged."My curse abilities will do nothing for you or your Kingdom."

"The King seems to think differently," Axel said, smug. "My serum will keep you from fully activating your demon half and keep your abilities turned off." He pointed to the machine she was hooked up to. "And this is going to help me drain you of your lightning abilities. You are going to help power the city and make our new magic last at least half a century." He smirked. "Be grateful. You're doing the Kingdom a great service."

"I'll try to contain my joy," Alex snarked.

Axel smirked and turned on the machine, shocking her. Alex grit her teeth as she felt her magic being drained away. "Don't go back to sleep yet," He said when Alex's eyes started to shut. He turned off the machine. "The fun is just beginning."

Alex sighed and glared up at her captor. "Give it your best shot," She growled. She clenched her eyes shut when Axel turned the machine back on. 'This serum better wear off soon. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.'

With Gajeel

Gajeel was walking on the edge of town looking for a vantage point when he spotted Natsu and Wendy. He growled. "What are those two doing here?" He walked over to them. "Why are you here?" He asked.

Wendy jumped and turned around. "Gajeel-san!" She smiled. "We were just looking for you."

"Alex said you were in town," Natsu said. "So we thought we should help."

Gajeel frowned. "Do you have any magic?" He asked. When they shook their heads, he rolled his eyes. "Then you'll be needing these." He gave them each an exball so they would be able to access their magic. When they swallowed them, he turned around. "We need to use Dragon Slayer magic to destroy the lacrima. That's the only way to free our friends."

"Alright!" Natsu cheered and lit his fist on fire. "This will be quick."

Gajeel hit him over the head, and his fire went out. "We need to be a little discreet about this." He snapped. "Civilians will be in danger if we go about this wrong."

"Do you have a plan, Gajeel-san?" Wendy asked the Iron Dragon Slayer.

Gajeel nodded and pointed to his counterpart. "My friend here is going to find a spot for us to get to the lacrima. We'll be at the top waiting."

Natsu pouted at the idea of waiting but nodded. He paused for a minute and scowled. "Did you say we only needed to destroy the lacrima to free our friends?" When Gajeel raised his eyebrow and nodded, he growled low under his breath. "Then going to that underground passage Carla mentioned would have been a huge waste of time."

"What do you mean, Natsu-san?" Wendy asked, concerned.

"Alex already knew what would free our friends. So they didn't even need to go in the tunnel." Natsu crossed his arms. "They walked right into a trap."