Lost and Found

"Jessy, when are you even coming? You said you'll be here by 4 p

"Jessy, when are you even coming? You said you'll be here by 4 p.m and now it's nearly 5," came Keya's voice from Jessy's phone which she had put on speaker mode.

"I know I know. I'm so sorry. Maa wasn't even letting me go to your place. It took a lot of time to convince her," Abhijishya said while hopping around to pull up her skinny jeans.

"Ugh, I've put on weight staying home for these last months. God knows when this wretched Corona will go away," Abhijishya whined.

Keya chuckled. "Yea. My mum was concerned regarding the seating arrangements for the national level entrance examinations. By the way, what were you doing when Sujit sir was dictating the Botany notes?"

"Ohhh come on don't be like that. You already know nah that I generally nap in his class. Its sooo boring," Abhijishya said and picked up the phone.

"Chal bye. I am getting out of the house. Will be there in 5 mins."

"K. Bye," the call disconnected.

"Maaaaa... Oh maaaa," Abhijishya hollered.

"Are baba stop shouting. I am coming," Jessy's maa said.

"Maa I told you earlier I needed to going to Kk's house to get the botany notes. I'll be back by 6," Abhijishya said while absentmindedly hugging her maa and putting her mask.

She jogged out.

"Be careful Abhu."Her maa said. "Krishna khyal rkhna ish larki ka." (May lord krishna take care of this girl)

Abhijishya was walking with a skip in her steps as she was excited to meet her bestie Keya after so many days even though her house was literally in the same neighbourhood.

She took a turn towards Keya's house when suddenly a shudder ran down her spine. She flinched and quickly turned out to see if anyone was watching her. Quite a few meters away three people seemed to be playing cards with money.

She recognised Suresh kaka who lived beside them and crinkled her nose in distaste. She didn't like gambling at all. Keya would say it was because she seemed to have a rotten luck since her school days. She would lose her money whenever she tried to win the school fete lottery. Well that might be 45% of the reason but she also dislikes it on principle. The fact that Yudhisthir playing the dice game resulted in disrobing and humiliation of Draupadi is the rest 50% of the reason.

She huffed and turned back towards her destination when she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. She took it. Before she could even glance towards the screen, she felt like she was slammed by a bowling ball. Growls and snarls mixed with gibberish reached her ears but she couldn't make out anything of it.

The wind was knocked out of her as she fell on the ground. She glanced out frantically to find her attacker only to find no one. She felt something huge grasp her neck and she was lifted of the ground.