Death (PAST)

A vibration startled Lizzie; she saw someone that she usually doesn't talk to calling her, so it had to be urgent. She ran to the closest bathroom and answered, but before she had even said anything, two words were spoken. Numbness filled the girl from head to toe. The phone fell and echoed on the white tile floor as she stood in shock, tears poured down her cheeks. She was standing in the club bathroom, staring at herself in the mirror, trying not to see a monster. Her legs started moving, unable to control her limbs as they took her out the nearest exit. standing in the middle of an empty and dark alley, the same two words kept echoing in her head. "Josie Died," she started to hyperventilate, and everything around her was spinning. Falling onto the hard-concrete bruising her knees as the rain-drenched her clothes, looking up in the sky, she said, "I'm so sorry for not being there," as she felt guilt wash over her.

Slowly getting up and suddenly running as fast as she could back to her house earlier that day, she argued with someone she couldn't apologize to anymore. Knocking on the old sturdy door, but this time the knocks were head by everyone in the house. Quickly the door opened, and in front of Lizzie stood her mother in tears. The two embraced in a long and quiet hug. They looked at each other, and Lizzie grabbed her mom's hand as they walked to where Josie was lying.

They walked through the long corridor, which seemed to get longer and longer—finally getting to her room where everyone stood watching the blonde walk in. One girl wasn't particularly happy about seeing the blonde but didn't say anything. The young girl ran up to her sister to see no expression on her face; it just looked cold. She put the blanket over her face as more tears dropped from her face.

"what are you doing, Lizzie."

"what does it look like Penelope I'm letting my sister rest," Lizzie said

"now, you care about your sister, but earlier, you seemed like you wanted her to die," Penelope yelled back

Lizzie said a spell and the other girl's mouth had been shut. "you were her girlfriend; I was her sister, don't you ever say I would want something like that. Because the next time you do, you will be in the same position as her. And don't bother up showing up at the funeral because you won't be allowed in."

Penelope looked at Caroline but didn't get what she was looking for. So, she just left but not before saying goodbye to Josie because this was her last chance.

Lizzie watched as the shorter girl walked out.

*

The funeral was today, and Lizzie had no idea how to say goodbye to the only person that treated her nicely in this world of hate.

"hey, honey, are you ready to go," Caroline asked

"yes, I was just thinking about her. She must hate me the last conversation we had we fought." Lizzie said but didn't tear up. Her eyes dried up from the whole week of crying.

"she didn't hate you. and sisters fight all the time."

"but they don't fight when one of them is on their death bed. I am a horrible person." Lizzie said

"let's just go, and we can talk later," Caroline said, grabbing her daughter's hand as they walked into the limo.

The car drove, and Lizzie watched people living their lives. Lizzie began to feel claustrophobic and said, "stop the limo" her mother looked at her as the vehicle came to a stop. She opened the door and walked out. "I will be there. I'm just going to walk there", Lizzie said

"I can join you."

"no, thank you, mom. I need to do this myself."

The door closed, and the car drove off, leaving Lizzie on the street in Mystic Falls. She walked to Mystic Grill, where she knew the bartender.

"Can I get a whiskey on the rocks the girl said."

"can I see some Id," he said

"Damon, just give me the drink."

"Okay but don't tell your mother she will kill me," he said handing her the drink

After four drinks, the girl was drunk and slurring her words. The funeral was out of her mind, and by the time she walked out of the bar, it was already dark outside.

When she got home, her mother was waiting for her with her stuff packed.

"were going to New Orleans".

A/N

Filler Chapter i'm sorry it's bad