Paranoia

Numb is all Lizzie felt. Not knowing how to feel or if she could feel at all. Flashes of what happened that night keep haunting her wherever she went. Seeing her attacker everywhere, In the stores she went into, her mirror nowhere was safe. She felt like she was losing her sanity. Lizzie knew she had to tell someone but who would listen to her. Who would understand what she was going through at the school for all she knows, she is the only survivor walking the halls?

It was time for her weekly therapy session with Ms. Tig, and she wanted to tell her everything that happened.

"Lizzie, do you have something on your mind because you have been sitting there staring at the floor for the past five minutes?" Ms. Tig said concerned

Tears flowing from her eyes she put her head up and nodded, Emma hadn't seen Lizzie every be so vulnerable and knew something had to happen for her to share this amount of emotion. "is this about Josie because you know it's okay to cry even months after." She said

She shook her head no, and when she was about to say something, she looked at the window, and Mg stood there with a finger over his mouth. She didn't know if this was her mind torturing her, or was he threatening her. She couldn't be sure, so she shook her head and said. "I just miss her so much." Taking the conversation aside before it had even started. Looking back at the window, and no one was there anymore.

*

"Lizzie, remember you can come and tell me anything, and I will support you," Emma said as Lizzie left.

The blonde hasn't gone anywhere she didn't need to go. That meant going hungry for days because eating wasn't on her top priority list. The top was not being anywhere Mg could find her. But finally, the lack of ability to move gave her the motivation to get food and go back to her room. She forced herself to walk out the door and walk to the cafeteria. She stepped inside, and no one inside noticed except two girls sitting at the popular girl's table, but Lizzie hadn't noticed she was too busy making sure Mg didn't see her. She was glad not to see him as she walked into the kitchen the staff was happy to see her. She was one of their favorite students; she always brought them thank you cards and treated them with respect, and that couldn't be said for all the other students that they fed every day.

"Lizzie where have you been; we were worried that you weren't eating." One of the ladies said

A tear rolled down the blonde's face, and she said, "I haven't."

They all got up and prepared a special meal for her. For the first time in the last couple of days, she felt an emotion that wasn't scared. She grabbed the lunch and thanked the ladies and started to leave the cafeteria.

*

"hey look who walked in," Penelope Elbowed Hope.

She turned around to see the blonde, but something was off. She looked terrible, and that wasn't her puffy eyes. It was the way she was walking. Hope knew something wasn't right. "who is she looking for? she doesn't look like herself."

"I don't know but what I do know is that our plan is working ever since we kissed no one had seen her. I think we made her jealous." Penelope said smirking

Hope didn't say anything as she watched the blonde walk out with the food back to her room.

*

As she walked the halls, Lizzie kept looking back to see if anyone was following her, she was paranoid, and the smallest noises made her jump. She turned around one more and again no one behind her but when turned around a charming but evil face was staring at hers. "what did you tell Emma" he said

"Nothing I swear" Lizzie stuttered

He put his hand up, and Lizzie flinched as Mg grabbed a fry and went on his way happy as ever. He didn't realize that his actions caused Lizzie to become someone she hates being. When he was out of sight she fell to the floor crying not being able to move. She hated being afraid all day every day. Someone that has to turn around every second to make sure that there not being followed. Feeling like there is no one safe to talk to is making Lizzie feel like she isn't important enough.