Sacrifice

Hope watched as her family embraced her, and she just stood there confused and stiff as a board, not knowing why someone would make them forget her and if that person was still alive so they can ask them questions. Getting back to her old ways, Hope imagined what she would do to the person that took her family away from her.

"Hope I know that look it's the same one your father had when he was planning something bad tell me what's going on," Freya said, putting her hand on Hope's shoulder, and she flinched but then warmed up.

"I need to find out who did this to you, they took my family away from me when I had no one left, I needed my family, but I had to raise myself, I had to learn how to turn on the full moon for the first time by myself, and it was the worst pain I have ever been in. Then when I turned into a vampire, I didn't know to control my urges, so I killed people, innocent people, and I can't ever forgive myself. I look in the mirror and see a monster when the girl I was in Love with left I didn't try and ask her why I planned a whole revenge saga that hurt her because I didn't have someone to talk to about it." Hope said, frustrated at herself, her family, it was just everything that wouldn't happen if she had her family.

"Hope, what do you mean you were by yourself, your mom and dad and uncle Elijah was supposed to take care of you," Rebekah said

"you guys don't know what happened?" Hope asked

They all shook their head, looking worried.

"they died protecting me. I don't know what or who, but they sacrificed their lives for me, wait a second you knew about you having to forget me?"

"yes, because at the time, your father had many enemies, and they wanted to hurt you, so if everyone forgot you then no one would hunt you, there was only one person who knew you were alive," Davina said

"Camille right" Hope said

they all shook their head

"look, it would be great to reminisce, but I don't have time I need the grimoire that tells you how to get a soul from Limbo," Hope said

Freya ran and grabbed the book while Hope waited, Rebekah had the urge to hug Hope, but after everything, she said she felt like it wasn't the right time. And on cue, Freya gave the book to Hope, and as she was about to walk away, Freya said: "Hope the only way to get a soul from Limbo is in that book, but it requires a sacrifice, another soul for the one you are taking and there is so no way of getting it back once the trade is complete."

"I don't want any of you to stop me, because this is my choice. I will explain soon, wait for a letter." Hope said leaving, and the family tried to stop her, but Hope said a spell locking them in the house.

*

Lizzie was at home making dinner for Pedro, and she wasn't a cook, so she burned the whole dish and threw it out before Hope got home because, for some reason, she feels like she needs to impress the tribrid.

She ordered food, but when it came, Hope still hasn't come back, so the two ate alone, Pedro was showered and tucked into bed as Lizzie waited for Hope.

She sat in the exact position when she met Hope staring at the entrance, eventually falling asleep until a loud bang could be heard as Hope walked in with a large black bag. Lizzie rubbed her eyes and said "what's that"

"a few things we need for the spell here take it and set it all up I have the book it looks like you are getting Josie back today."

Lizzie jumped up and did everything. Hope said to the tea until she found blood in a vile and asked Hope, "what is this?"

"its blood I got it from some human it was required for the spell; it calls for innocent blood, but don't worry, they won't get hurt," Hope said, telling the truth but lying at the same time.

Lizzie nodded and put it in the jar, and they were ready to start the spell Hope made Lizzie take her hand as they chanted together, Josie's body started floating, but they still chanted until everything around them was twisting around the room, and then everything fell to the floor including Hope. Lizzie was still standing, wondering what was going on when Josie made a noise and opened her eyes.

"Josie, you're okay."

She nodded her head, "but she isn't," Josie said, pointing to Hope.

Past in Limbo

"This is weird. It looks exactly like the Salvatore school," Hope said, talking to herself.

"yea, but you get used to it," Josie said.

"wait, you're Josie."

"that's correct. Who are you?"

"It doesn't matter just tell Lizzie when you wake up that I'm sorry and in my pocket, there is a letter she should read," Hope said as Josie disappeared in front of her and for the first time Hope felt proud of herself.

Present

"Josie, what do you mean she isn't okay," Lizzie said, looking concerned.

"I don't know she told me to tell you she was sorry and to read the note in her pocket," Josie said as Lizzie jumped to get it. She looked in every pocket but couldn't find it then she saw a paper that was lying on the floor she reached it and opened it and started reading part of it.

"Lizzie I didn't want to tell you this because I know you would have stopped me but to get your sister back a soul needed to be traded and I don't deserve to walk this earth when someone like your sister she is much better in every way than me I'm a monster. My family is going to pick up my body because I don't want you to do something stupid and try to reverse the spell. After all, you can't" She couldn't read anymore at least not right now when five people walked in, and Lizzie assumed it was the Mikaelson clan, Marcel picked up Hope's body, and they walked out without saying a word knowing that it was Hope's wish that they didn't.

Lizzie broke down crying, and her sister hugged her then Pedro came down from all the noise that woke him up and was confused about where Hope had gone and how Josie was there but joined in the embrace.

Lizzie wiped her tears and said that they were left trying to hide her feelings for Hope being gone. They got in the car and drove back to mystic falls, and Lizzie drove the whole fourteen hours without a single break. They drove up, and Caroline greeted them, not knowing that Josie was back she cried hysterically when she noticed Hope was gone.

She tried to talk to Lizzie about it, but she didn't give her any answers; the whole school rejoiced, including Penelope, as Lizzie went to Hope's room.

She walked in and sat on the bed and opened the letter to finish reading it in private. She opened it and felt tears building up.

"I'm sorry for everything I did; there is a whole list of things I can't take back that I wish I could. But this letter isn't for any of those mistakes. This is for all the good things I did, starting with meeting you. When I first saw you, a fireball came rushing to my head, and I was like this girl is extraordinary. Over the next few weeks, I grew to love you. Yes, I told Love so when you left without saying goodbye, my heart broke. I tried to pretend it didn't mean anything, but I was lying to myself the painting in the box in the corner of the room would agree. Just know that you may not remember me, but I will always remember you and love you."

Lizzie put down the letter more confused when she started reading it, she grabbed the box and opened it and saw a painting of herself a beautiful one at that and more tears came out.

"I love you to Hope Mik," Lizzie said, getting light-headed, not knowing why she noticed the paper burning up but not remembering what was on it."

Josie walked in, looked at the painting, saw the name, and said, "who's Hope?"

"I don't know".

A/N

i know that was a cliff hanger i'.m sorry but there will be a second book look out for that, also sorry about the late chapter i had surgery this week and didn't have time.