•Chapter 3•

Shravan's POV:
She hasn't uttered a word since I told her the truth. She looks....numb. Tears of melancholy slipped down her crimson cheeks. Before I could muster the courage to go up to her and explain my insecurities. She quickly turned around and said,"Mujhe ghar jaana hai"

I hastily ran towards my car and opened up the door to the passenger seat until I saw her walking in the opposite direction towards her ambassador not leaving any room for argument

"Suman! Suman listen to me! Please once just hear me out!"
I followed her car to Malhotra mansion. Thankfully, luck was on my side this time and Chachi, Preeti, Lalaji, Varun and Vandy Bhabhi had gone away to Chandigarh to attend a wedding whereas Papa and Pushkar were handling a very important case from our client Mr Sharma.

I soon rush upstairs only to find Suman cuddled up in the corner of room. She shivered and gulped repeatedly hiding her face away from me the curtains were drawn the room was pitch black.

I messed up I messed up big-time. I can not see her this way it breaks me everytime I see her tears. I will heal her, and will make sure to be her support whenever she needs me. I will not leave her this time.

Suman's POV:
I had a throbbing headache when I woke up, it was still dark, the sun had not risen yet the colour around me depicted my inner turmoil. That's when my eyes landed on my husband.

A humourless chuckle made its way out of my mouth. Husband. The thought alone had given me goosebumps. Given the current situation, calling Shravan even an acquaintance would sound very wrong. He was curled up on the bed, his hair messy and his tie undone.

Stealthily,I made my way to where he lied. His tall 6ft 4' inch figure meant nothing when I witnessed his facial expressions. A frown adorning his features. The realisation hit me hard, the reason of all his pain and agony stood right in front of him. Me. How did I not realise the severity of his words when he had clearly hinted me with the fact that I was just a mere burden with whom everyone wanted to get rid of!

First my parents, then my relatives, my nanu and lastly him. Everything happening around me was too vivid and fast paced to process. It was overwhelming. Feeling claustrophobic standing on the same spot I decided to go out for a little bit. The verandah, now it made sense why Shravan preferred this spot. It brought him peace.

However peace was long gone from my life, the day Shravan broke all ties with me was the day je took away every single thing away from me. How could he? Was it so easy for him to break a bond which was formed over 10 years because of some weird reason only know to himself?

As much as he was involved in the friendship so was I! He never gave me a chance to explain myself. It wasn't the insult that hurt it was the fact that he didn't even respect me as a woman. While saying those filthy words to Aditya, not even once did it cross his mind what could be the repercussions of his words which he spoke at the heat of the moment.

Little did I realise , the emotions took over me so deeply and fondly that I couldn't recognise how fast time passed. I sat there, sobbing till tiredness took over me and I slipped into a dark oblivion.

Shravan's POV:
I stretched my arms lazily and checked the time, 8 in the morning. I quickly checked the other side of my bed recollecting all the incidents that took place yesterday.

She wasn't here. Fear engulfed me. I made my way to the cupboard checking if all her belongings were in place not caring about anything in the world I searched for everything which she'd brought with her after the marriage had took place.

Soon my eyes met with a box (the memory box). I checked all the things kept inside it. Letters, notes, sorry cards, birthday wishes, friendship bands, her favorite scrunchies which I used to gift her whenever we had a fight. It didn't take me too much time to realise that this whole box was full of our memories. She kept all of it.

She missed me as much as I did. She was sorry she did wanted to apologize she'd written me letters. I read all of them and was left with the last one the one in the red colour. This seemed to be the most recent one as the the strokes of her handwriting were much improved than the previous ones.

My breath stuck into my throat when read the line when she confessed her for love for me. She loved me. All this time she did. When I was busy taking revenge on her aur making her life miserable by making my own assumptions she was waiting for me to confess.

The guilt that I was feeling earlier had increased 10 times more after realising the newly found information. Keeping the box again into the cupboard and arranging all of her clothes hastily packing them again I hurried to find her whereabouts.

I have searched the whole house and yet she is nowhere to be found. My anxiety had reached to the zenith. That's when I found her. She was there in all her might cleaning the verandah and picking up the glass pieces of the beer bottles I had drunk day before yesterday.

Tiredness evident on her face. Her eyes had dark circles beneath them it wasn't difficult to predict that she hadn't got any sleep last night. And I was well known to the reason. I approached her however cowarded back flinching away. My chest ached looking at the irony of the situation, the girl who would run to me for the smallest of a problems was now flinching away in order to protect herself even the thought of me hurting her made my stomach churn.

"Main tayar hoke aati hu, mujhe PCT bhi jaana hai" she uttered lowly almost scared of what I might do next..
I spoke softly," Sumo, I just need to talk to you once. Please can you please give me one chance."

"I need to go aaj ek important meeting hai please excuse me"
I let her go this time, but I was determined to put my point in front of her and to make her speak her heart out so that we could clear all the misunderstanding.

I won't let go off her so easily. Now that I finally have realised. I love her ❤️
_____________________________________________

Please READ VOTE AND COMMENT ❣️
Until next time
Love you guys
Do give your feedback and suggestions!