•Chapter 14•

Suman's POV:
Right now I was home making sure all the arrangements are coming completely perfect for the occasion. My mind ran back to the incident that took place yesterday night.

In the middle of the night when my sleep was broken As an instinct I placed my hand on Shravan's broad torso hugging him however he turned away from me to the other side.

My mind keeps on wandering whether that was intentionally or not.

Rohan was here the whole time. Helping me with the whole preps.

Suddenly there was cacaphony in the kitchen!

"Sorry Sumo woh cake jal gaya. Mera dhyan toh tha lekin..."
"Areyyy Preeta! Ek kaam nahi hota tujhse! Abb itne kamm time mein kaha se karungi cake ka intezaam?!"
"I just hope Shravan jaldi naa laute!"

This is going to be alot more difficult than what I thought!

Shravan's POV:
The whole day I haven't even spoken a word to Sumo. It hurt to know that she didn't consider me worthy for her love. I agree I haven't been on my best behaviour ever since our marriage but that doesn't at all give her a right to cheat on me!

I had promised her not to touch the corrosive substance again.

But when she can't fulfill promises then why should I? After having a sizable amount of the toxic liquid I dozed of due to my stressed mind. When I woke up it was 8 in the evening. Shit!

I rushed to my car driving towards Malhotra mansion only to find the whole mansion completely dark.

I set my foot in and saw Suman dressed up in a fancy attire. Oh so much for the one and only Rohan Kapoor!

Not to my surprise he was standing right there behind the pillar. How fucking childish. Did he think I was that foolish!?

She came towards me with a gift wrapped box. A sweet smile lingering on her face. Such great acting! When she was right in front of me and was handing over the gift I took it into my hand and aggressively crushed it throwing it away.

"Wow! Mujhse door jaane ke liye itni tayari!"
"Itni toh tumne uss din bhi nahi ki thi jiss din hamari shaadi hui thi! Oh right maine tumhe bataya hi nahi tha shaadi hone se pehle. You know what I used to feel guilty that maine tumhe ek aisi shaadi nahi di which you deserved. But now when I look back, I think you totally DESERVED IT. In fact you do!"

Her eyes wide open and mouth agape
"Shravan!"
"Look at your nerve woman! After cheating on me like a sl*t  that you are you have the audacity to act clueless and raise your voice at me! Guess what I know every single thing your affair with this guy Rohan "tumhara childhood crush! " Jao uske paas karo aiyashiya lekin yaad rakhna main tumhe divorce nahi dene waala."

That's when all the lights were switched on and I was met with a completely decorated house. When I turned back I saw big balloons, lettered ones, they read "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHRAVAN!"

What!

Then it dawned upon me today was 19th of September! My freaking Birthday! So this means?! Before I could process anything further I saw Suman rushing upstairs wiping her cheeks incessantly.

"What the heck was this Shravan!" Rohan and Papa spoke together.
"Look I don't know whatever you said right now! I was just here to help Suman with your birthday reservations and planning . It is a part of my job in case you don't believe me here's my card. Uncle I think I should take my leave!"

Oh my goodness this meant all this while Suman visited his office for my birthday planning!

Everyone was shocked with my sudden outburst. Chachi and Lalaji made everyone escort to their respective rooms. Papa was beyond agitated, with a grim expression he spoke," Shravan what in the world have you done! What was all that! Why would Suman cheat on you?"

I was at the loss of words, how could I say something when I myself was astonished by my thinking process! What have I landed myself into!

"Shravan don't do this! Don't! You're spoiling everything! I had once done the same mistake of not trusting your mother and you know what that lead to. Suman is a gem! Why don't you understand DON'T follow my footsteps Shravan! Suman has given you innumerable chances. Despite of whatever you've done in the past.

In fact she was going to leave the house because of the last argument that had took place! After alot of pleading she finally agreed to the fact that if she is with you! You could never go wrong in life. I know... This is difficult for you to digest and that's the reason Suman had said to not let you know. But now I can't risk it."

I was astounded to see the least. I rushed upstairs to find Suman packing her suitcase
Tears ran down her cheeks like a waterfall.

"Sumann! Suman nahi dekho yeh tum sahi nahi kar rahi ho. I know tum gussa ho but we can sort it out okayy."

"NAHI! Nahi karna mujhe kuch sort main jaa rahi hu tumne aaj apni hadd paar kar Di Shravan! Abhi mujhe khud par gussa aa raha hai ki maine tumhe tumhari harr galti ke liye maaf kiya. Tumhari iss giri hui soch ko insecurities ke liye mistaken kar Diya. Tum aisa kaise soch sakte ho! KAISE!"

"Anyways jabb ab tumne a sacchai ugal hi di hai to fir main yahan se ja rahi hun main aise Ghar mein nahin rah sakti Jahan Meri ijjat Na Ho!"

The pain in my chest reached its zenith when she said that, I forcefully grabbed her my the waist," No no no no no no! Wait shushh calm down don't do this! Please dekho tumne itna sab kiya mere birthday ke liye itni khushi deni chahi aur abb tum meri sabse badi khushi ki wajah chheen rahi ho!"

"Please Shravan! Mujhe yah aadat nahin Hai Tum itne protective aur over possessive kabhi nahin they. Kaise kar sakte ho tum aisa soch bhi kaise sakte ho ki main kisi Aur...! Kisi bhi rishte mein sabse important trust hota Hai and clearly you don't trust me enough I don't want to stay in a relationship where my partner doesn't even trust me enough that I wouldn't cheat on him!

"Sumooo! Main Bharosa karta hun lekin dar jata Hun Ki Tum kahin mujhe chod Ke Na Chali jao afterall  you-you know hamari shaadi jiss halat mein hui uske baad koi bhi aurat kisi aise aadmi ke saath nahi rehna chahegi! "

"To fir tum mujhe reasons de rahe ho taki main bhag jau iss Ghar se?"
"Nahiii nahii main... Mujhe nahi pata maine aisa kyun socha. And main jaanta hu jo bhi maine aaj kaha that is not forgivable! Lekin please mujhe tum iss tarah chhodkar nahin ja sakti call me selfish but I cannot let you go please!"

"Iss baar you won't be able to convince me!"
"Just don't go Sumo! I promise I will make up for each and every mistake"

"I'll sleep on the couch from now on then."
"No you will not! If you want I will!"

"Nahi it's your bed your room I am no one to sleep on your bed."
"Sumo yeh sab jitna mera hai utna hi tumhara bhi hai"

"Agar sach mein hota na toh tum aisi ghatiya baatein nahi rakhte apne mann mein. You called me a sl*t!"
"Suman you know right I didn't mean it!"
" No it is like I don't even know you anymore. Tum mere Shravan ho hi nahi sakte!"

"Toh main prove karke bataunga ki main wohi SHRAVAN hu"
"Gussa honaaa main manaungaa! Saari nafrat door karr dungaa. I promise"

" You know what tum saare promises ki tarah yeh waalaa bhi Todd doge. Because koi bhi relationship mein trust sabse jyada zaroori hai. And you do NOT trust me, just do one more mistake and I will do something which you won't like."

"Deal?"

"Deal!"
__________________________________________
Don't hate me for this chapter guys!

This was necessary!

Please do vote and Comment!❤️🥺